The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

The IMF were wrong on Greece, wrong on the Euro and didnt predict the global financial crisis.

I thought it was awkward that George Osbourne reveals the findings of the 'independent' IMF report only for Christine Lagarde to thank the Treasury for their help producing the report.

/QUOTE]

You accusing them of being in league together? TSK TSK perish the thought ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From another forum I post to:

Christine Lagarde is making yet another doom-mongering ‘major intervention’ at 10am, with that €400 million fraud trial still looming over her. The IMF chief will again warn against Brexit during a meeting with Osborne at the Treasury, a geo-political courtesy return favour to the Chancellor, who campaigned hard for her to get the job. Like pretty much every group Remain have wheeled out, the IMF has received funding from the European Commission. Pro-Remain groups which have made referendum interventions have received €160 million from the Commission in the last nine years:

PwC warned leaving would cause a “serious shock” – no kidding, they’re bankrolled by the Commission to the tune of €16 million. LSE say we’re better off Remaining – they certainly are having received €18 million. The WWF says EU membership “benefits our environment” – it benefits theirs by €46 million.

Carney used to a the director of PwC, by the way, no mateyness there then....

Remain have barely named a group supporting them which hasn’t received huge amounts from the Commission. He who pays the piper…

UPDATE: RSPB get in touch to stress they do not have a position on the referendum because neither side is campaigning on the environment.

I have asked the following on the "Overclockers" forum twice and get no respnse from those who are seemingly full time employed posting ever increasingly vitriolic threads to support the remain camapaign, they say it's an irrelevance because the likes of Brazil and Colombia have visa free access to EU member states. I have my own idea why Turkey risks foregoing billions of EU bribery over whether they get visa free travel to the EU which I will state later, but what do you guys think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several of the most entrenched remain supporters on here have consistently stated that granting Turkey visa free EU travel is no big deal, and cite many other countries who enjoy this privilege.

If it is not a big deal why is Turkey saying unless this visa free deal is offered their "help" with the migrant crisis will be cancelled. The billions in monetary terms being given them is not enough without nearly immediate granting of visa free travel to EU member states.

Sounds like they think it's a VERY big deal. I would like to hear why those who have frequently said it's a nothing, a triviality, feel Turkey is making such a thing about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This has been doing the rounds so I though I would post it here. This is the simplest - and probably the most sensible - explanation, about the EU and the Euro, ever to see the light of day:

Baldrick: "What I want to know, sir, is before there was a Euro there were lots of different types of money that different people used. Now there's only one type of money that the foreign people use. Now what I want to know is, how did we get from one state of affairs to the other state of affairs".

Blackadder: "Baldrick. Do you mean, how did the Euro start?

Baldrick: "Yes sir."

Blackadder: "Well, you see Baldrick, back in the 1980's there were many different countries all running their own finances and using different types of money. On one side you had the major economies of France, Belgium, Holland and Germany and on the other, the weaker nations of Spain, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Portugal. They got together and decided that it would be much easier for everyone if they could all use the same money, have one Central Bank and belong to one large club where everyone would be happy. This meant that there could never be a situation whereby financial meltdown would lead to social unrest, wars and crises."

Baldrick: "But this is sort of a crisis, isn't it sir?

Blackadder: "That's right Baldrick. You see, there was only one slight flaw with the plan."

Baldrick: "What was that then sir?"

Blackadder: "It was bollocks."

The "discredit Boris" action plan has now been approved by the remain camp.

BBC, who have been paid a nice sum of over £2million in the run up to the referendum from the EU are even turning to former Tory MPs for their views on "discredit Boris". Normally Tory viewpoints are not given much airtime but they can afford it when it comes to supporting the 'remain' camp.

The 'remain' camp is also staying strongly on message, that being "project fear".

Speaking to a few work colleagues it seems to be doing the job, they seem petrified at the prospect of the EU not being able to tell them what they should be doing each day. Its bizarre really.

For me it still comes down to the basic overriding fact that if I want my UK parliament vote to count for anything each time it comes to exercise my democratic right, I will vote to leave the EU.

Its the ONLY way to secure UK democracy.

It will be very sad indeed for the UK to become nothing more than a sub-state of United states of Europe if Blair, Brown and Cameron get their way.

Read an interesting news article this morning in the Romanian press, although it nothing more than we already knew, many if not most of the migrants/asylum seekers aren't so interested in anything other than getting to a wealthier Eu member country suggesting they are indeed economic migrants :-

"Half of the refugees who were supposed to be moved from Greece to Romania withdrew from the relocation program and disappeared. Most of the refugees allocated to Bulgaria have also fled, according to sources familiar with the situation quoted by Financial Times.

Some 191 of the 1,324 refugees (one in seven) who were already supposed to be relocated from Greece to other EU countries have left the program and disappeared.

The European Commission decided, in October 2015, to relocate 160,000 refugees from Greece and Italy to other EU countries, based on mandatory quotas. Romania, the Czech Republic, Slovakian, and Hungary voted against this measure, but had to accept it as all the other countries voted for.

Most Romanians oppose refugees settling into the country and it seems that the refugees are not interested in coming to Romania, one of the EU’s poorest countries, either. According to official data announced by the Greek authorities, 32 out of the 67 asylum seekers who were supposed to be transferred to Romania already refused to come.

Similarly, 36 of the 47 refugees that were supposed to get to Bulgaria also left the program."

It will probably be close, I believe the vote from our more elderly citizens could be decisive, they do not show as much of a presence on discussion forums, nor do they tend to be as vocal publicly as the younger members of society, yet if surveys have any merit at all, they suggest that a lot of them (well over half) will vote to leave.

Things are being rigged, in my opinion, main UK media wise, to flatter advice to vote to remain, for example, as more and more migrants pour into Europe, many who are purely economic migrants, pressure will mount for the UK to take some, and then some more. One would have to be pitifully naieve not to see how the migrant situation has gone off the BBC radar compared to before the EU referendum shenanigans, and how the EU leaders will be in cahoots to keep it low key until their desired UK referendum result is achieved.

My faith in our government not capitulating to pressure from the EU to take more refugees is next to zero should we remain in the EU. The pressure on them would be far less should we leave. Cameron has already agreed to capitulate over 3000 refugee "kids" coming over, God knows how many relatives will come in on their push, in due course. "Kids" do not make it half way around the world on their own, they have had adult support, financially and motivationally, that's blatantly obvious. He's setting another precedent by accepting any at all. He should have stuck to his guns about cherry picking from the official refugee camps in Syria.

That's one example of how the BBC and the EU's UK media presence seems swayed. There are many others! If you want out it's VITAL to get out and vote and to get like minded voters to realise how THEIR X counts, too.

EU referendum outcome on a knife edge, according to latest survey

Remain has a narrow lead of 43 to 40.5%, but this advantage is wiped out among voters who say they are very likely to vote – giving Leave the victory by 45% to 44.5%

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-outcome-on-a-knife-edge-according-to-new-data-from-british-election-survey-a7034751.html

Most people I've spoken to, comments on a few forums I read and comments on a few online papers I read seem to favour exiting the EU around 90% to 10%.

If the various 'official' polls are to be believed, then it's 50 - 50.

23rd June is voting day.

Hopefully 24th June will be Independence Day.

Most people I've spoken to, comments on a few forums I read and comments on a few online papers I read seem to favour exiting the EU around 90% to 10%.

If the various 'official' polls are to be believed, then it's 50 - 50.

23rd June is voting day.

Hopefully 24th June will be Independence Day.

This is pretty much the same experience I have had, everyone I speak to are for an exit including friends, family and work colleagues but the main media outlet polls all show either very close or with the in camp just winning.

I don't think they are capable of rigging a national referendum, the process is too open with the counters etc.

Plus, the fact that Cameron has apparently been lobbying big business to promote a remain vote before he finished his 'reforms' (snigger) shows that he needs industry support.

I don't think they are capable of rigging a national referendum, the process is too open with the counters etc.

Plus, the fact that Cameron has apparently been lobbying big business to promote a remain vote before he finished his 'reforms' (snigger) shows that he needs industry support.

He won't get a reform.

No one will agree to it and just veto the decision.