The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

I thought Obama's speech was very good, even if I disagree with his point of view. He managed to strike just the right tone, coming across as more of a concerned friend that a foreign leader, and it also had an air of informality about it.

Frankly, it was embarrassing watching Cameron blushing and blustering next to him. Although one can only imagine how bad Miliband or Corbyn would have looked.

I think a lot of people will take Obama's points onboard, but it wasn't a game changer. There wasn't any of the passion that would have been needed to mobilise potential remain voters to go out and vote.

I still can't fathom how remain are going to overcome the demographic disadvantage. This is their biggest challenge, yet they appear to have become stuck on scaremongering about the economy. This won't win them anything.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Obama's speech was very good, even if I disagree with his point of view. He managed to strike just the right tone, coming across as more of a concerned friend that a foreign leader, and it also had an air of informality about it.

Frankly, it was embarrassing watching Cameron blushing and blustering next to him. Although one can only imagine how bad Miliband or Corbyn would have looked.

I think a lot of people will take Obama's points onboard, but it wasn't a game changer. There wasn't any of the passion that would have been needed to mobilise potential remain voters to go out and vote.

I still can't fathom how remain are going to overcome the demographic disadvantage. This is their biggest challenge, yet they appear to have become stuck on scaremongering about the economy. This won't win them anything.

Yes, but he is a good speaker isn't he, I guess that's one of the reasons he is President. And yes I agree, Cameron looked like a little boy who had just been exposed during the proceedings. I've started to take a real dislike to Cameron recently, but whats the alternative? Corbyn maybe :blink: I have found the whole debate pretty fascinating and continue to do so, some of the true strengths and weaknesses of individuals in government have come to the surface recently.

The fact he used the word queue proves him nor his script writer know fuck all.

The US has not trade agreement with the EU.

Which is something people are forgetting.

So if we were to leave the EU, the only country that would be in this queue would be the UK if we wanted to trade with America.

Plus the fact that the EU takes over 40% of our exports proves that we are a country that can easily stand on its own.

It's looking like the majority of voters and non voters have wished up and realised its all scaremongering.

Even the majority of the IN crowd know it's scaremongering.

The leave side have some pretty heavy hitters as far as public speaking is concerned. Boris, Gove, Farrage and Fox are all capable, though I imagine the Tories will attempt some sort of silencing for the sake of party unity.

Boris has already said he wouldn't debate against fellow Tories, but given the gloves have well and truly come off between him and Cameron, he may well yet.

I can see the vested interests trying to keep Farage out of any debates, though the media will be keen to sign him up. Whatever people think of his politics (and it's only his EU views I share), there's no doubt that he is the best public speaker when it comes to the EU.

I imagine Cameron will attempt to keep out of the debates, as he tried during the general election.

The leave side have some pretty heavy hitters as far as public speaking is concerned. Boris, Gove, Farrage and Fox are all capable, though I imagine the Tories will attempt some sort of silencing for the sake of party unity.

Boris has already said he wouldn't debate against fellow Tories, but given the gloves have well and truly come off between him and Cameron, he may well yet.

I can see the vested interests trying to keep Farage out of any debates, though the media will be keen to sign him up. Whatever people think of his politics (and it's only his EU views I share), there's no doubt that he is the best public speaker when it comes to the EU.

I imagine Cameron will attempt to keep out of the debates, as he tried during the general election.

Of course Cameron will stay out of debate.

He doesn't want to be shown up and proved to be the liar and coward he is about the EU.

Farage is THE only one who can actually have a say about EU.

He is an MEP and is there all the time.

Farage is THE only one who can actually have a say about EU.

He is an MEP and is there all the time.

When he bothers to turn up :D although I probably wouldn't want to spend much time in an institution I'm trying to close down either :D

Probably the best speakers remain have belong to the SNP, but using them to persuade English voters will be a very big gamble.

Simple thing is can you imagine the response we'd get if we said to the Yanks they should join a union with Canada or Mexico for example? They'd tell us to **** right off. And the tell tale sign was the queue, written by Ca'morons' spinning tops! Wonder what/who will be next to scrape the barrel with?

Guest jase12377

I'd like to no why on earth is Obama sticking his nose into our politics. I doubt he would accept someone telling him how to run usa I'm voting OUT take back our borders

Turkey were always going to get access to the Schengen zone, since they applied for the EU years ago.

They will get full membership soon.

And it's all happening after our referendum.

Same as our deal is to be discussed after the vote.

Nothing is set in stone