The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What would you do?

Soop Dogg

I'm off to N. Ireland this weekend for about 10 days.

In light of the trouble there over the weekend, if you were me, would you take the Supe?

I have NEVER worried about this sort of thing in over 20 years of travelling to Belfast and never thought I would let trouble-making tw@ts like this bother me or change the way I choose to do things, but there have been cars and buses hijacked and burnt out within 3 miles of my parents place. They were actually burning cars on the route from my parents to my sister's house, which is what worries me.

Chances are it will all fizzle out during the week, and it will be ok, but should I take the chance?

I might have my decision made for me if this fuel protest takes hold though, as I have to travel to Stranraer from Norwich and probably can't make that trip on one tank!

My alternative transport is an Audi A6 TDi.

If I were going through Belfast and then off some where like Derry or Portadown etc...I would def take the car, but if I was staying in or near Belfast I would def NOT!

But the Nationalists were at it in Derry last night too.

And I wouldn't trust Portadown to be quiet at any time of the year!!

My intended destination in Newtownards in North Down. I'll be in Bangor a fair bit too.

Havent got a clue with regards to areas, but if its worrying you now, you'll be on pins constantly if you go over and take it with you.

Leave it mate, and as darkie says take her out when you get home. Youll be looking forward to it after the break, rather than bricking yourself that someone might damage her whilst its over there.

Then leave it safe at home !

Cheers, mate. I'm rapidly coming to that same conclusion now. There probably won't be any fuel anyway!

Oh, and thanks to those who don't care 'cos it aint their car anyway! I'd show equal concern to you if you are looking for advice in the future if I knew who you were!!

Either leave it at home or take a few big o-rings to shove down the necks of the petrol bombs. That should stop them burning anything. ;)

For those watching in black and white, I spent a joyous five hours with Brian trying to diagnose why his car ran like a bag of shit after putting in 550's, even with my uber-hybrids map in place. The answer is in both the picture, and Brian saying "what o-rings?" when asked about the ones that weren't on the injectors he took out...

I voted no on the car. I stress about leaving mine in the local cinema multistorey so much it ruins the film for me, hence I never take it now. How you guys can do it I don't know. Taking it to a riot is :looney: :D

-Ian

The answer is in both the picture, and Brian saying "what o-rings?" when asked about the ones that weren't on the injectors he took out...

-Ian

Erm....and for IanC who is viewing through oddly coloured spectacles, I said 'which' O-Rings when you asked me if I had fitted them on the 550s, meaning that there are a number of different ones on each injector.

I then picked up an old injector to find the one on the nozzle was missing. Then found this to be the case on them all. At that point I needed no help at all to come to the conclusion that after fitting new 550s with o-rings, there had to be 2 in each hole! If I didn't know about the O-rings that were meant to be there, I wouldn't have fitted the new ones to my new injectors and ended up with two in each hole.

The problem was that as I couldn't see into more than one injector hole, I couldn't see that when the old injectors came out, they left the nozze O-rings in the holes.

Sorry, mate, just couldn't let you get away with that one in public.

:nyah:

Gutting as it is I'm guess the head should rule the heart on this one....even though you've just slapped on the hybrids etc etc and you're probably busting to take the Supra on a run...I'd have to say take the A6....the bonus of that is - it's cheaper and you're not adding miles to the Supra.

Well :) I was sat in the passenger seat tapping away on the laptop and Brian suggested resetting the ECU. Off he goes to the engine bay, and then appears at the window asking for the flatblade screwdriver from the footwell. I hand it to him then have one of those :confused: moments centered around "what do you need a screwdriver for?"

I get out to find Bri prising EFI no1 fuse out with the screwdriver. Without saying anything I leant past him and popped the fuse removal tool out of it's holder, 3" away from the fuse he was working on :D Brian shuts his eyes and grimaces, knowing exactly what's just happened and says "it had to be you, didn't it? It had to be you...". "How long have you had these cars?" says I :D

:donkey:

-Ian