The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The queues at the petrol stations have started...

Suprasteve

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went to Sainsbury's and they have sold out completely! Went round the corner to a normally deserted expensive station and it was packed with a small queue. I've only got quarter of a tank left but I'm off work sick at the moment so didn't get any. Amazing what a bit of panic can do!

LPG £15 to fill up sounds like a sensible thing to have.

Had to go on a short run to Wolverhampton and it seems the world has gone mad! Went past three petrol stations that have already run out of fuel, the rest had major ques! It's holding up all the traffic that don't want to fill up.

I actually needed to fill up so on the way back went the bat cave routes to a shell garage local to me. Made my way to a small side road and turned left into the que 20 yards from the garage, leaving a half mile long que behind me :)

I love it when a plan comes together lol

Still going to drive the supra to work everyday, then i'll be back posting for race fuel :)

I went to Tesco's at knocking off time and expected to be sat there for hours. As it turns out, I've sat there for lnger when there isn't a fuel crisis on.

Ther had blocked off entry to the filing station from the store side, so you had to go out and come back in again from the road. They had a guy marshalling cars into rows for each set of pumps. Yeah, there was a queue, but I was still served and gone in about 15 mins. Apparently they were operating the same system at Yarmouth.

......how the whole country buying a cr*pload of fuel in the space of a couple of days and then not buying any for three is actually going to cause an issue for the fuel suppliers OR the government?

Surely the way to have a dig at the government for the petrol taxation level is to not buy petrol, not just change your buying habits for a week?

What am I not getting here? Does it cause a big upset in haulage or public transport or something?

......how the whole country buying a cr*pload of fuel in the space of a couple of days and then not buying any for three is actually going to cause an issue for the fuel suppliers OR the government?

Surely the way to have a dig at the government for the petrol taxation level is to not buy petrol, not just change your buying habits for a week?

What am I not getting here? Does it cause a big upset in haulage or public transport or something?

No its because petrol will be in in short supply due to truckers blockading the refinaries therefore petrol stations will run dry as they did last time...but they will no-doubt run dry before the blockade due to panic buying.

There is nothing wrong with panic buying...everyone is doing it and if you are going to NEED to use your car in the next few days...then you have no option but to panic buy.

Its bit like rubbernecking...the police are always going on about Rubberneckers but if you have got a few hundred cars in front of you that have slowed down , you are going to have to slow down as well..rubbernecking or not..

So go get some petrol now if you NEED your car this week and maybe next week :tumble: