The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The queues at the petrol stations have started...

Suprasteve

due to the rumours of the petrol blockade the panic has started, my sister works in Canary wharf and she can see a few petrol stations from where she is and says there are silly queues forming already.

its times like this when you think getting a 3.0 litre twin turbo with silly MPG was a wrong idea :giveup:

what about where you are ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one of two possible outcomes folks....

1. government blame others, forget the whole 80% tax issue... week later everyone gets fed up and continues to pay through the arse for petrol

2. people stick to guns, government cut tax by 3 pence a liter..... and everyones happy they are paying 95.5 pence per liter compared to 98.9.. yes, we still take it up the arse...

vaseline intensive care anyone? :shrug:

Im lucky the other half works in tesco petrol station so if the worst comes to the worst staff get served 1st so she can use my car (only to get it there and back) so i will have all the fuel i need wooooo ... but still gona cost :( i think they are at 94.9 a litre.

She said she will print out allthe reports tonight b4 she goes so we know how much is left in their tanks and what the price of it may go up too .... will keep all in the maidstone area informed lol

everywhere in south yorks has had ridiculous queues

even the more expensive/otherwise forgotten places. one station is accross the road from a Tesco, and has its petrol 3p a litre more - however, once the tesco emptied, the one over the road was full

incidentally - the Tesco said they have 'no idea if/when we can get anymore fuel'

i have heard from 19 of my customers seperately that wednesday is the day of the blockade - any1 else heard that?

I've decided to do the smart thing and put the gas guzzling supra to bed for the week. So this week, i will mostly be driving.................my mitsubishi triton v6 warrior. Why? Because its LPG and costs me £15 to fill up, with no worrys about shortages or panic buying. :D :D :ecstatic:

Filled up at shell @99.9p :shrug: on saturday, cos the cheap sul at sainsbury's was out of order, so on saturday i put £50 quid in, was gonna fill it up but watchin the litres clocking at the same speed as the price i ended it early.

So tonight on the way home from work i thought i'll top up the rest of the tank at my nice and cheap 94.9p sainsbury's, it took me 35-40 mins to get fuel, sad but true...once i'd started queing i didn't wanna leave. Even sadder loving it cos sainsbury's is cheap at 94.9p :banghead: :werd:

Panic buying has set in, driving back to visit family this w.end, do i get my jerry cans out of the shed and fill em up???