The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How much is my private plate worth?

Admiral Donuts

TRD is standard £250. The fact that it's a minimalist plate (less numbers) definitely adds value. It's such a small market that I couldn't say what it was. The sites that "value" your plates are full of nonsense though, my previous plate was worth £1200 and I couldn't even sell it for £250 (K60 KAN).

Put TRD in the search box and it brings up other TRD linked plates for sale, but as always its only worth what someone will

pay for it. There's lots of prefix TRD plates for £250 on the gov site

R3 TRD is up for £2440

http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/searchs/searchresults.asp

gotta be worth more than that one, to me that reads RETARD

V8 TRD is £2195

M3 TRD is £944

C1 TRD is £1894

D6 TRD is £749

1 TRD was up at £29995 but been slashed to only £20996 now :)

Plates are very hard to put a solid value on, I recently bought ADS 50 for under £5,000 ADS 45 is up for sale at nearly £10,000

It's intresting I've never bought private plate but will be looking when the car is finished at SRD and I. Have some cash :D but il be looking for sup. Supra. ASM. TRD. WHP or BHP

The price on the websites is that set by the private seller or the website it self and is there any way you can offer less money for them?

My reg which is J 700 SUP was £350. The problem with putting private plates on the Supra is you can only transfer to an older year plate so limited on what you can get at a reasonable price.

Very true, most non prefix plates are usually much more expensive

It's intresting I've never bought private plate but will be looking when the car is finished at SRD and I. Have some cash :D but il be looking for sup. Supra. ASM. TRD. WHP or BHP

The price on the websites is that set by the private seller or the website it self and is there any way you can offer less money for them?

You need something like F1SUP on your car mate. That would be nice.

Warning "geek" joke coming:

In my line of work we have the acronym "SUSAR" which stands for:

"Suspected Unexpected Serious Adverse Reaction"

Which in plain speak means - that sh*t just put you in hospital!

I'd love that but basically looks like I couldn't quite find SUSAN... So can't really go for that.

I've got a guy who's constantly trying to get me to let their company sell my private plate, came on the car I bought. P11 JCS, They said they'd give me £500 for it but I've never dealt with buying / selling private reg's so I have no idea what I'm doing haha