The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Court rules that Calais illegals should be allowed into UK

Shane

Just heard a news report that a case made by 2 Syrians currently in the Jungle at Calais has been heard and it has been ruled that they have an entitlement to come to the UK to join relatives and to establish/enjoy a family life.

Great. Not a legal person but would think if this is an actual ruling made from the Eu then the Home Office will have to comply and as most of the inhabitants of the "Jungle" will have relatives here the rest will follow.

Will be interested to see how the supporters of the Eu on here and active in other threads will try and defend this one.

The longer this crap is going on the more convinced I am that we need to get out and get out quick. No doubt the lovely Theresa May will write a strong letter to the Eu and that will be it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This can't be right surely?

And our government best not agree with it.

Tell Brussels to F off

It was on one of the morning TV news briefs, I overheard it when I was making a tea in the office this morning, but don't know what channel, sorry. Had a quick look on the Sky News website but couldn't see any reference to it.

That's the problem though isn't it, if this is a Eu ruling made in Brussels we will have to go along with it.

Hang on a minute. Isn't it always being said that the only reason that the French can't deport these migrants back to where they came from is because they have no paperwork and therefore they can't be identified. Clearly these 4 have been identified so why aren't the French fulfilling their obligation to assess the rights of and subsequently deport those that have entered France without the appropriate permission.

In a way, I'm glad it's happened. The British government, the French government, and the EU have attempted to ignore the Calais problem, and then sweep it under the carpet. Now someone is going to have take responsibility and sort it out, one way or another.

While it's not nice to see people living in squalid conditions, they do so out of choice, they could easily claim asylum in France. The people who I really pity are the people of Calais and Dunkirk, who have suffered from theft, violence, vandalism, intimidation etc at the hands of migrant gangs.

I hope people will remember the outcome of this decision come referendum time ;)

In a way, I'm glad it's happened. The British government, the French government, and the EU have attempted to ignore the Calais problem, and then sweep it under the carpet. Now someone is going to have take responsibility and sort it out, one way or another.

While it's not nice to see people living in squalid conditions, they do so out of choice, they could easily claim asylum in France. The people who I really pity are the people of Calais and Dunkirk, who have suffered from theft, violence, vandalism, intimidation etc at the hands of migrant gangs.

I hope people will remember the outcome of this decision come referendum time ;)

Sad, but true.... at least a decision will be forced.

This country is screwed. time to sell up, buy a place in Thailand and drink beer on the beach

Im a step ahead, house just went on the market today :) anyone in Surrey looking?

We REALLY need to vote out of the EU and secure the borders. Things will only get worse otherwise

The problem with coming OUT of the EU (and don't get me wrong, personally I would be out this afternoon....) is that under the current situation our "border" is in Calais, and we can have some considerable control over the animals camped up there. If we come out of the EU France would undoubtedly not support our meddling over there, and our "border" would be the port of Dover. The French would probably have a few strikes and allow the Jungle lot to board trains and ferries unhindered, whilst their counterparts in Dover would have to try and sort them out as they jumped ship / train / lorry. and we know how well they'd handle that, with their kid gloves and Liberalist views...If indeed THEY too didn't start industrial action due to over pressure.

As a friend of mine explained forcibly to another pal, who had been ranting all evening about how the UK was changing beyond recognition due to mass immigration, "You have whinged and whined all bloody evening about immigrants, now you are trying to drag me through the door of this $~@~ hole Turkish kebab shop to give them my hard earned? Go hungry and don't give them your trade, let's see you actually *DO* something about it"

Couldn't argue with that, nor could he, but he then started moaning for the rest of the night about how hungry he was ....

The problem with coming OUT of the EU (and don't get me wrong, personally I would be out this afternoon....) is that under the current situation our "border" is in Calais, and we can have some considerable control over the animals camped up there. If we come out of the EU France would undoubtedly not support our meddling over there, and our "border" would be the port of Dover. The French would probably have a few strikes and allow the Jungle lot to board trains and ferries unhindered, whilst their counterparts in Dover would have to try and sort them out as they jumped ship / train / lorry. and we know how well they'd handle that, with their kid gloves and Liberalist views...If indeed THEY too didn't start industrial action due to over pressure.

As a friend of mine explained forcibly to another pal, who had been ranting all evening about how the UK was changing beyond recognition due to mass immigration, "You have whinged and whined all bloody evening about immigrants, now you are trying to drag me through the door of this $~@~ hole Turkish kebab shop to give them my hard earned? Go hungry and don't give them your trade, let's see you actually *DO* something about it"

Couldn't argue with that, nor could he, but he then started moaning for the rest of the night about how hungry he was ....

I'd make my own food :D

Being an island race it should be easy to copy Australia's eminently sensible attitudes to unwanted immigration. We just need some eminently sensible government though :)

The SNP are always bleating on about what a financial benefit migrants are, give them one of the Scottish islands and let the SNP benefit from them. :)