The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oled greddy boost controller install

shaz2010

I'm going to install this on the weekend and wanted a bit help if possible to people that have got one of these. Got the manual from their website but stuck as to which type to use for plunking it in? http://www.greddy.com/upload/file/Profec_manual.pdf

I got this drawing in simple terms from a post a few years back from the search. image.jpg

Is this how it's done ? Any help of pictures ect would be great full, also is there anything that needs blocked off/up?

Thanks shaz

Sorry for Hijacking the thread but I also have a Greddy Profec B Spec II installed, the boost is set ok etc but for some reason it's not showing what it's actually boosting at anymore?? It used to show it like a boost gauge in kPa (which I believe you can just multiply by 1000x and it's basically in bar/psi?). If anyone can help me get it back up let me know lol. Becuase my boost gauge has just shat itself.

• 3 weeks later...

Update I installed my BC and was wondering if it's best to set it up on a RR ? I've had a little play with it but it's been raining so not been able to do many pulls. Any one know what the settings do,

Low settings and high settings

Set-

Gain-

Start boost-

Peak-

Warning-

Limit-

?

Cheers

Update ; I've Sussed how to set this up now I've had a play around with it tonight and OMG I've got high settings at 18.3kpa which is about 1.26 bar and I adjusted the gain to keep it at that for a longer period through the Rev range. I can say I can't believe the difference it's a beast ! I can't wait to try 1.4 bar :) it still needs a little playing around with it to get it spot on. I thought 1 bar was a big step as this is what is was running with out the BC but this has changed the aggressive side to her! Amazing feels like a proper fast car now. Need to get it on the dyno to see what it's putting out. Before I could keep my self forward in my seat now it actually puts me back!

Edited by shaz2010 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
This is what my high settings is going to be just for Little bursts. :eyebrows: [ATTACH=CONFIG]206800[/ATTACH]

And I'm going to set my low settings as 1.2bar.

Has anybody got a list of the settings they are using. i am looking at getting one and would like and idea on where to start.

• 2 weeks later...

Shaz, I am getting to 1.34 BAR, you do know that you can change it to show in BAR, its a setting thats KPA x100 or something like that mate. 1.34 BAR is like WOW!

Mac, dont use anyone settings mate, I used Bergs settings and he was getting 1.2 BAR consistently yet I was getting 1.34BAR with the same settings. SO be careful if you do use someones settings.

Shaz, I am getting to 1.34 BAR, you do know that you can change it to show in BAR, its a setting thats KPA x100 or something like that mate. 1.34 BAR is like WOW!

Mac, dont use anyone settings mate, I used Bergs settings and he was getting 1.2 BAR consistently yet I was getting 1.34BAR with the same settings. SO be careful if you do use someones settings.

Just adjust the set "down" a few percent at a time until you reach what you want

You set it up by feel there really isn't any settings that are universal.

I set my alarm at 1.30 on cold nights it regularly sets this off on switchover

Other than that start with your SET and adjust it up until the boost you desire is reached.

You may find the boost drops off at certain revs this is where the gain setting comes in increase that until you get stable desired boost.

You may also fine that on switchover you register a spike in boost it will register in the BC peak boost so you can flick through and see it I know of a few members in the north east that regularly hit 1.4-1.5bar on J-Spec switchover.

The consensus I came too was not very many people read and understand the Greddy controllers setup they just hit 1.2 bar and forget but the gain feature is night and day if set up correctly.

You set it up by feel there really isn't any settings that are universal.

I set my alarm at 1.30 on cold nights it regularly sets this off on switchover

Other than that start with your SET and adjust it up until the boost you desire is reached.

You may find the boost drops off at certain revs this is where the gain setting comes in increase that until you get stable desired boost.

You may also fine that on switchover you register a spike in boost it will register in the BC peak boost so you can flick through and see it I know of a few members in the north east that regularly hit 1.4-1.5bar on J-Spec switchover.

The consensus I came too was not very many people read and understand the Greddy controllers setup they just hit 1.2 bar and forget but the gain feature is night and day if set up correctly.

I was running an original profec b which Jurgen set up for me when I picked up the car. This is a whole new world of settings for me to get wrong lol.

I was running an original profec b which Jurgen set up for me when I picked up the car. This is a whole new world of settings for me to get wrong lol.

As was I Jurgen imported the car and fitted a new Whifbitz Full BPU kit including the Greddy B Profec spec 2.

They are really simple to set up its just time consuming to do right then all it takes is a different temprature to throw of your settings.