The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apparently vandalising cars is OK, if you don't like them.

Swampy442

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll report this in the morning to the bosses of the newspaper, I hope you can all do the same. She is in essence is saying that it is okay to damage someone's property as you'll have the moral high ground if the person you do it to is more rich than you.

She is the very women who is most likely driving on our roads, changing lanes without checking, reversing into parked cars, nearly running people over as she is on her phone, terrible attitude.

I am filled with rage after reading this! What do people think of this as a complaint to the newspaper?

Please could you tell me how you thought it is acceptable to publish 'joys of pootling along in the car by Catriona Stewart'

I have never read such an awful load of rubbish in all my life! How she ever became a reporter is beyond me as she clearly has a massive attitude problem!

I drive around in a 'swanky' car, but I dont enjoy breaking the speed limit or running down pensioners, I own a 'swanky' car because I like the way it looks, I like the way it drives, and it is comfortable for the long journeys I make. Does this mean that I deserve to have my pride and joy vandalised?

And as for the last part of her so called 'reporting', Gary Brissett deserves a medal! That is a really great message to send out to readers, that you think its acceptable to damage other peoples property because of a stereotype that she has created against owners of nice cars.

I am disgusted by her comments and I am equally as disgusted with your paper for allowing them to be published. I look forward to your response about what action will be taken

here is her email - let's let her know how we feel: [email protected]

And to get her into to really deep shit, here is the complaint procedure from their website:

Complaints - Who To Contact

The Herald, Sunday Herald and heraldscotland.com adhere to the Editors’ Code of Practice (which you can find at http://www.ipso.co.uk We are regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation. Complaints about stories should be referred firstly to the Editor by email at: [email protected] or by post at 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow G2 3QB.

It is essential that your email or letter is headed "Complaint" in the subject line and contains the following information:

Your name, email address, postal address and daytime telephone number.

The newspaper title or website, preferably a copy of the story or at least the date, page number or website address of the article and any headline.

A full explanation of your complaint by reference to the Editors’ Code.

If you do not provide any of the information above this may delay or prevent us dealing with your complaint. Your personal details will only be used for administration purposes.

If we cannot reach a resolution between us then you can contact IPSO by email at [email protected] or by post at IPSO, c/o Halton House, 20-23 Holborn, London EC1N 2JD.

Make sure you cite that encouraging or assisting a crime is itself a crime in English law, by virtue of the Serious Crime Act 2007.

I am filled with rage after reading this! What do people think of this as a complaint to the newspaper?

Please could you tell me how you thought it is acceptable to publish 'joys of pootling along in the car by Catriona Stewart'

I have never read such an awful load of rubbish in all my life! How she ever became a reporter is beyond me as she clearly has a massive attitude problem!

I drive around in a 'swanky' car, but I dont enjoy breaking the speed limit or running down pensioners, I own a 'swanky' car because I like the way it looks, I like the way it drives, and it is comfortable for the long journeys I make. Does this mean that I deserve to have my pride and joy vandalised?

And as for the last part of her so called 'reporting', Gary Brissett deserves a medal! That is a really great message to send out to readers, that you think its acceptable to damage other peoples property because of a stereotype that she has created against owners of nice cars.

I am disgusted by her comments and I am equally as disgusted with your paper for allowing them to be published. I look forward to your response about what action will be taken

Great post. I can see a convoy to Glasgow with the torches and pitch forks now. Glad to see this is gathering momentum. Maybe it will stop bell ends going into print or written communication without really thinking it through.

You can partially forgive anyone who "says" something and then reflects on it later. The fact that this "bint" (and quite frankly Dave, WTF are you thinking of?) has had time to reflect and compose something completely stupid, has shocked me. I can only hope and pray that she gets run over by a Bugatti at some point.

H.

Clickbait? As in causing shit for the sake of it.

No, to get people to click.... feel outraged.... spread the word..... get more clicking... more outrage.... more publicity. Etc, etc, etc.

It's the tactic of the modern 2nd rate media nowadays. If noone bat an eyelid and noone mentioned it at all,it would have fallen flat. As it stands there are 10000's of people discussing it, liking it, commenting on it and having an opinion etc. The daft lassie that wrote it isn't so daft, she'll be sitting at home with a big smile on her face as she cashes her cheque thinking job done.

No, to get people to click.... feel outraged.... spread the word..... get more clicking... more outrage.... more publicity. Etc, etc, etc.

It's the tactic of the modern 2nd rate media nowadays. If noone bat an eyelid and noone mentioned it at all,it would have fallen flat. As it stands there are 10000's of people discussing it, liking it, commenting on it and having an opinion etc. The daft lassie that wrote it isn't so daft, she'll be sitting at home with a big smile on her face as she cashes her cheque thinking job done.

I think I covered it with my comment then. I will never understand why anyone wants to cause controversy for the sake of it. Maybe the sponsors advertising insist on it in order to get noticed. On another day maybe that "daft lassie" will get a punch in the face.

Looks like the Herald have now responded to the uproar.

H.

I think I covered it with my comment then. I will never understand why anyone wants to cause controversy for the sake of it. Maybe the sponsors advertising insist on it in order to get noticed. On another day maybe that "daft lassie" will get a punch in the face.

Looks like the Herald have now responded to the uproar.

H.

Indeed mate, it's pretty pathetic to be honest but it's no surprise in this day and age.

This is a lot more than clickbait - she has committed a criminal offence. I don't think they can claim freedom of speech on this - if reported to the local police, they will be legally obliged to investigate. It was probably intended to shock and cause outrage, but the consequences could be a lot more than they envisaged.