The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clutch drag...?

add heywood

So I have a small problem when shifting gears at high rpm on the rex... Seems that when I press the clutch down it doesn't disengage fully and its difficult to take out of gear until the revs drop. It means I cant do quick gear changes on a high rpm pull.

It drives fine at lower rpm and I have no problem selecting gears etc at around town speeds. Just to ad if I put it in 1st with the clutch pressed in the car doesn't pull forward at all, but if i then rev the car to the limit with my foot still on the clutch it seems the clutch starts to drag and the car wants to move forwards slightly.

I recently changed the clutch master cylinder for a brand new one, and bled the system using the 2 man method. I'm running Exedy clutch (unsure if single plate or twin) with push pull converter, very similar to what the Supras use.

Is it something to do with clutch adjustment? Something that can be fixed without taking the gearbox off etc...

Cheers

Add

• 2 weeks later...