The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DJI Phantom 2 users?

gordy.r

Just wondering if there were any other drone geeks like myself on here?

Started off with a Hubsan X4 which didn't last long and ended its life in a high altitude versus strong wind incident a few days ago.

So, instead of forking out the £11.99 for the repair kit I decided to upgrade ever so slightly to the DJI Phantom 2 v2 with H4 3D gimbal.

Took if for its maiden flight yesterday and wow am I impressed! So stable and controllable even with a good breeze across the ground. Video footage was stable thanks to the gyro stabilised gimbal and I got just over 25 minutes on a full battery.

Plan is to practice my handling skills and stay within the law (CAA have tight rules on drone flying now) and then use the whole set up for the upcoming Applecross Invasion run in Scotland this August to get some epic arial footage of the cars with the stunning backdrops and roads.

All will be revealed when the video comes out in September! :)

Not a DJI Phantom but I'vs got a TBS Discovery. Word of warning the Phantom isn't powerful so in winds don't fly.

I've flown with a friend who has a Phantom where i could fly without any issue when the wind went over 12 mph the Phantom struggled to cope. He's also lost 2 due to winds and that in Milton Keynes not Scotland

I would love an inspire 1!

Wouldn't we all!!! :yes:

Not a DJI Phantom but I'vs got a TBS Discovery. Word of warning the Phantom isn't powerful so in winds don't fly.

I've flown with a friend who has a Phantom where i could fly without any issue when the wind went over 12 mph the Phantom struggled to cope. He's also lost 2 due to winds and that in Milton Keynes not Scotland

Really, Ive spoken to a few folk who said they were quite stable in the wind. I'll bear it in mind though, might have to attach one of my TrackR gps units on to it just in case it does go awol whilst in high altitude flight haha

Took her out again today for a video test on the 4k resolution on the Hero 4, though it turns out my computer is not happy with 4k playback, so I've downgraded the footage to 1080p. Very windy today as you can hear in the video and the drone was getting thrown about quite a bit but the Zenmuse gimbal has done its job and produced some good stabalised video. Watch in HD if you can! :)