The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ext Temp too high?

Silece2k6

The probe is in the downpipe ca 4inch after Turbo

Useless. EGT probes need to be as near the exhaust port as possible, and in the manufacturer's world, they are in the combustion chamber itself, of each cylinder. After a turbo is no good at all. But if your reading is correct the combustion chamber temperatures are through the roof.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe the Gauge and Sensors Are bad...

When i Drive ~ 130kph for a long time with low trottle I got about 850C and without big Boost (0,3bar)

Strange...

Hopefully the readings are (very) wrong. What probe and sensor are you using? Please don't say HKS or even worse, Defi :)

For a none permanent installation many cheap multi meters now have a K Type thermocouple input. Your sensor is almost certainly a K Type, as are 90% of EGT sensors. You could connect the existing sensor to the multimeter socket and see if the reading is different. Worst case you gain a cheap multimeter.

I use a meter from RS Components and my own Inconel sensors, which don't melt and send the tip through the turbo turbine impeller.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/digital-thermometers/2064309/

I can read plenum and EGT temps with this, and it does basic logging, too.