The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision CEA Gen2 turbos

Luxluc

• 6 months later...
How long does that take though? I suppose it's fine for most people with singles where they are garaged much of the time, but if you're using the car as a daily then it would be an issue. Unless Precision pay for a very quick postal service?

Garrett and Borg Warner are hard to compete with in terms of support network.

My friend had his 6262 break because of air filter damage. It took 2 months for him to get the turbo back from Precision. Ruined his whole summer basically.

• 2 months later...

I had a spin in a R34 TO4Z , to say I was disappointed was an understatement ; I found my BPU Supra had more of a kick

The car is about 700hp but the power is so linear in delivery , you look down and you are in excess of the speed limit very quickly

For me I would like the delivery to be less refined and more of a scare the be-jaysus out of you

If I departed with the money it costs to go single and got this, I would of deemed it a complete waste of money

There is a Question in here, Due to advancements in technology are Turbo's becoming more refined in how they delivery power, would I be more suited to an old skool setup like a T78 / T51r?

I would prefer a more raw experience noise, external wastegates and thump in the back

You can spec turbos to the characteristics you want, by choosing the right size and turbine housing a.r to suit your goals. The billet compressors make them more efficient. Though I would probably go with a journal bearing turbo over dually ball bearing core if you want something slower spooling.

Big hks twins might suit your requirements too.

But bare in mind, it might feel more exciting getting a hard hitting turbo, but ultimately you will be making your car slower overall, and traction will be an issue with a sudden hit from turbo rather than a gradual increase.

The Skylines lack torque compared to the Supra.

A friend runs a 600+ bhp R33 GTR (RB28) ; exactly as you say, power delivery is very linear .... nothing really spectacular.

Have a go in one of the recent 700+ SRD creations (most are Precision Gen2 turbos), and you will see how hard these Supras move once the turbo gives full boost. My Supra literally explodes at 4000rpm :D

The Skylines lack torque compared to the Supra.

A friend runs a 600+ bhp R33 GTR (RB28) ; exactly as you say, power delivery is very linear .... nothing really spectacular.

Have a go in one of the recent 700+ SRD creations (most are Precision Gen2 turbos), and you will see how hard these Supras move once the turbo gives full boost. My Supra literally explodes at 4000rpm :D

Cool Thanks, what i wanted to hear , it is what put me off the hks turbo kit for the supra