The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Precision CEA Gen2 turbos

Luxluc

I have been following the results of some of the latest SRD creations, as well as the results in the states.

I must say that those Precision Gen2 turbos are serious stuff.

I just saw the latest results of SP in the US.

The new CEA Gen2 6780 seems to keep up with much bigger and laggier turbos.

I found those 2 dyno videos from SP.

I am very impressed ; I need a Gen 2 turbo NOW :D

Gen2 6870 :

Gen1 7675 :

They are VERY impressive. Is it true though that you have to send them to the US for rebuilds?

You do have to send them back to precision which we can take care of.

In 6 years I have had one turbo that needed rebuilding and that was very early on with the older design.

Since then we have had no problems at all

Really impressive turbos :)

I would say a 6466 and 6766 are almost identical in power and spool. I know of two 6466 turbo's which made just over 900 whp on the 2jzgte.

Most I've hear from a 6766 is 949 whp (Reid at SP), but the majority seem in the 800-900 whp range. All high compression builds with E85 btw.

The spool differences between those two are negligible from what I've seen.

The 6870 seems like a great turbo, but I'm not sure if it's truly worth the extra €€€ over an 6766. Only time will tell.

Can't wait to see some trapspeeds from the 6466 and 6870!

You do have to send them back to precision which we can take care of.

In 6 years I have had one turbo that needed rebuilding and that was very early on with the older design.

Since then we have had no problems at all

How long does that take though? I suppose it's fine for most people with singles where they are garaged much of the time, but if you're using the car as a daily then it would be an issue. Unless Precision pay for a very quick postal service?

Garrett and Borg Warner are hard to compete with in terms of support network.

Really impressive turbos :)

I would say a 6466 and 6766 are almost identical in power and spool. I know of two 6466 turbo's which made just over 900 whp on the 2jzgte.

Most I've hear from a 6766 is 949 whp (Reid at SP), but the majority seem in the 800-900 whp range. All high compression builds with E85 btw.

The spool differences between those two are negligible from what I've seen.

The 6870 seems like a great turbo, but I'm not sure if it's truly worth the extra €€€ over an 6766. Only time will tell.

Can't wait to see some trapspeeds from the 6466 and 6870!

You are probably right mate. 6766 is normally (in the states) between 800 and 900 hp. Mine pushed 840 rhhp (dynapack dyno) on E50; I'm on a 8.5:1 compression.

I think a 6466 would come close to the 6766 figures on my built engine with stage 5 race head.

The new 6870 is very tempting though.

- - - Updated - - -

How long does that take though? I suppose it's fine for most people with singles where they are garaged much of the time, but if you're using the car as a daily then it would be an issue. Unless Precision pay for a very quick postal service?

Garrett and Borg Warner are hard to compete with in terms of support network.

I wouldn't expect it to be quick enough for a daily driver.

I wouldn't expect it to be quick enough for a daily driver.

That is my concern. Although a repair by one of the other Turbo manufacturers isn't going to take 24H, I would still want it back ASAP.

Reliability and dependability are just as important to a decent single setup as outright performance IMO.

The rate the technology has pushed the boundaries of this tech is awesome.

Oh yeah.

5 years ago, nobody would have dreamed that a 62mm turbo could be able to push 800bhp. See Jamie's setup; 6266 turbo, a bit of ethanol and you fly.

Got the 6870 gen2 and I can't justify how satisfied I'm with it; phenomenal spool, response and power. I personally think its the best all round turbo money can buy for a supra!

Should hopefully get it on the dyno soon and share some results on here

Got the 6870 gen2 and I can't justify how satisfied I'm with it; phenomenal spool, response and power. I personally think its the best all round turbo money can buy for a supra!

Should hopefully get it on the dyno soon and share some results on here

What fuel and compression are you running?

I expect these turbos to shine on higher boost levels with racefuel or E85. Not sure what to expect using pump though.

Anything around 600-650 to the wheels would be great, but then again a 6766 can achieve those as well.

With a stock block I think peak power would be the same as a 6766.

It would be great to have the same testing done like SP did, but with pump fuel and stock block.

My 6766 pushed 760 rhhp (dynapack dyno) on very bad Luxembourg pump fuel (98 octan with only 1% ethanol content).

On E50, it pushed 840 rhhp.

On UK VPower Nitro, I would have pushed 800+ rhhp.

The 6870 should do an easy 850+ rhhp on UK VPower Nitro.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let you know Luc!

To be checked during DB15v2 ;)

My 6766 pushed 760 rhhp (dynapack dyno) on very bad Luxembourg pump fuel (98 octan with only 1% ethanol content).

On E50, it pushed 840 rhhp.

On UK VPower Nitro, I would have pushed 800+ rhhp.

Those are great results, but with a port/polished head, large cams and intake etc if I recall correct?

What would you expect on a bone stock longblock, with some cams? The 6766 would be in the 600+ range.

Over here we have 95 and 98 RON (same as luxembourg) fuel.

Edit: TQ is often becoming an issue with the new gen turbos when E85 is being used AFAIK.

What fuel and compression are you running?

I expect these turbos to shine on higher boost levels with racefuel or E85. Not sure what to expect using pump though.

Anything around 600-650 to the wheels would be great, but then again a 6766 can achieve those as well.

With a stock block I think peak power would be the same as a 6766.

It would be great to have the same testing done like SP did, but with pump fuel and stock block.

Will be doing multiple dynos, with pump (Vpower) and E85.

Unfortunately I'm on a stock block so I may need to run high boost after 6000rpm to help lower the torque levels.

Yeah definitely agree 850+ on Vpower will be achievable! but how long will it last is another question. (Fortunately I've a spare 2JZGTE engine :p )