The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Walkie-Talkie Suggestions

ellis

Following on from Dragonball and the totally woeful walkie talkies that I've got, I'm on the lookout and suggestions for decent, good range walkie-talkies with sub channels that you guys successfully used on DB15. Want to get prepped for DBV2 and DB16 - nothing like being prepared!

Cheers

We got the £24.99 Lidl specials and to be fair to them they were really good on DB15.

Made by Silvercrest, have sub channels and can connect headsets etc to them. Really loud as well, even over the noise of my Blitz NUR Spec R and everyone elses noise around us!

8km range and theres a review somewhere online about them where a guy takes them apart and they use really good chipsets etc, the same in the bigger named brands.

We got the £24.99 Lidl specials and to be fair to them they were really good on DB15.

Made by Silvercrest, have sub channels and can connect headsets etc to them. Really loud as well, even over the noise of my Blitz NUR Spec R and everyone elses noise around us!

8km range and theres a review somewhere online about them where a guy takes them apart and they use really good chipsets etc, the same in the bigger named brands.

I'm sure everyone on DB15 can vouch for these, as all we could hear was Megan chatting the whole time lol

I'm sure everyone on DB15 can vouch for these, as all we could hear was Megan chatting the whole time lol

Haha :D

I got these Ellis and they were great on the event. I actually take Walkie Talkies with us whenever we go on holiday, they pay for themselves in the cost of calls we would make looking for each other in shopping places or meeting points. I am sure you are aware of this but you never get the range they claim they can go up to, I have always found the range itself to be 3km max in town. Slightly higher if out in the country side with not so many hills.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/action-1100-twin-pmr446-radios-n58dc