The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbits na/t turbo kit. - anyone tried it ?

herbiemercman

I'm not sure where you've read that mate, but honestly I would not trust the stock ECU or map to run an NA-T.

Having seen the amount of fuelling correction needed during mapping, you wouldn't be safe running it stock even at 7PSI

I believe you would be safe as the ecu can adjust the fuel at 7psi perfectly fine. Loads of people in USA run the xs power kit at 9psi with no problems so don't see why 7psi wouldn't be safe.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just my personal opinion mate. I saw the amount of fuelling correction required and you would also be maxing out the stock injectors and risk running lean. Fitting larger injectors to solve that issue would then cause you potential flooding issues and incorrect fuelling.

FWIW, I really wouldn't trust it.

Just my personal opinion mate. I saw the amount of fuelling correction required and you would also be maxing out the stock injectors and risk running lean. Fitting larger injectors to solve that issue would then cause you potential flooding issues and incorrect fuelling.

FWIW, I really wouldn't trust it.

And the stock map sensor can't read positive boost, USA spec cars are different to the jap spec cars don't forget.

And the stock map sensor can't read positive boost, USA spec cars are different to the jap spec cars don't forget.

I didn't think about that if honest, I was under impression they were same, don't know why though that. If that's case then I would properly use a safc or power fc ecu

I didn't think about that if honest, I was under impression they were same, don't know why though that. If that's case then I would properly use a safc or power fc ecu

Power FC is only for the 6 speed jap spec TT cars. You really need something that can control ignition timing as well though.

Ah so I looking at 4k then to na-t my supra, I was hoping not to spend that as only want around 350bhp as wanted to keep it reliable for the gearbox plus have nos fitted to mine aswell

You can save a bit buying a used emanage and then hardwire it instead of a plug and play loom adaptor.

That could be idea, will have to look into more as may be cheaper and easier getting tt lump as don't want to sell my supra at all as have put a lot of time and money into the chassis and under the car to get her handling just how I want

I believe you would be safe as the ecu can adjust the fuel at 7psi perfectly fine. Loads of people in USA run the xs power kit at 9psi with no problems so don't see why 7psi wouldn't be safe.

Yes but don't they also convert to MAP and use a Supra TT or Aristo ECU?

Yes but don't they also convert to MAP and use a Supra TT or Aristo ECU?

I can't remember at minute, ecu and wiring isn't my strong point at all, my mate who knows all this stuff and understood it all passed away last year. It all confuses me the electric side of it all and I get muddled up

Hi Everyone, I just wanted opinions on the Whiffbits kit, I am a long time member on the merc owner's club and although we do get off the technical matters at times we do get people hyjacking the thread and getting a bit personal, i admit it is not difficult to get into this and i admit also i was well disappointed when i got the true info on the turbo kit, if you read my starter thread i quoted what the advert stated, which was you could fork out £2,700 and get your na to 346 bhp with mega performance etc, ok i should have known that was too good to be true as i then found out i needed another £1,500 of stuff and no guarantee that i would have any longevity in the outcome, not good, but if anyone can tell me after reading the initial starter advert wording, that i have mis-quoted anything then i would have to take the hit. My thread has touched a nerve and i will keep to myself why i think this is. I think this site is great for technical information and to see how some members progress their supra projects, it was also good to see that some members can see where i was comming from, i have learned from the response i got and members can draw form the thread as they think fit, we should let this go now, i have my answer to my thread and i know more about the possibilities for my na, i am also reminding myself that "straight line speed from BHP" is not all, as my racing experience tells me that driving fast safely at high speed is not somthing you can bolt on to your engine. Thankyou to all members who gave me good tech info. herbiemercman.

Hi Everyone, It is a good club where you can speak your mind, I admit i was "pissed off" with the Whiffbits add, I am not happy with having a car which is as new and looks like the tt rocket ships with a lawn mower engine under the hood

.....and you're blaming Whifbitz? You bought an NA, you've only yourself to blame, you should have bought a proper Supra.

I have to say I have found this thread very interesting and helpful as I was under impression could just buy basic kit and be fine, but now know and understand that need the full kit will have to have rethink as believe spending around 4k for about 100-150bhp gain is a lot of money for not great gains.

I have to say I have found this thread very interesting and helpful as I was under impression could just buy basic kit and be fine, but now know and understand that need the full kit will have to have rethink as believe spending around 4k for about 100-150bhp gain is a lot of money for not great gains.

These have been my fears all along. There's too much restriction for the outlay.

These have been my fears all along. There's too much restriction for the outlay.

Is it a shame as they are great bits of kit just too expensive in my opinion plus have to include getting it fitted and then the map check so I think looking nearer 5k for it all to right and running as should

Is it a shame as they are great bits of kit just too expensive in my opinion plus have to include getting it fitted and then the map check so I think looking nearer 5k for it all to right and running as should

Exactly- sell your car and add that to your NA-T budget and you're in a good situation.

I know and have visited chris wilson with my brother's tt, this guy is the "real deal", he told me some months ago that the na kits are expensive and can never have reliability longevity and the only way is the tt route, i should have listened to him, may be i am a "dinlo" as the brave dave.r said i was, i will also remember this. Anyway it was good to get such a response to prove chris was right. herbiemercman.

Exactly- sell your car and add that to your NA-T budget and you're in a good situation.

Yea that's a possibility at least will have the kit then just no supra [emoji23]

In all honestly I don't think I could sell my supra as means to much to me will just have to buy tt lump I guess

There's no issues with longevity on the NA-T kits at all.

Plenty of people have proven this.

Supra_Scott has been running his NA-T for 6years now, he drives it hard and has had no problems.

Tkdave has been running his 600+hp NA-T for years. No issues.

I know and have visited chris wilson with my brother's tt, this guy is the "real deal", he told me some months ago that the na kits are expensive and can never have reliability longevity and the only way is the tt route, i should have listened to him, may be i am a "dinlo" as the brave dave.r said i was, i will also remember this. Anyway it was good to get such a response to prove chris was right. herbiemercman.

Wow, you are GOOD at not getting facts right, sunshine. :rolleyes:

The quoted term made me chuckle, yes, but it wasn't actually me who said (wrote) it. Crack on and remember it that way if you like, I don't really care, but if you can't remember something accurately from one day to the next (when all of the information is stored for you and written in black and white!) then frankly I'm not even SLIGHTLY surprised that you also misread and misinterpreted a very easy-to-understand advert and then within 17 seconds of having this pointed out to you not only flew off the handle about it despite never having parted with a penny, but also saw fit to hijack someone else's build thread - i.e. mine - with a barely comprehensible string of substance-less b*||*cks.

Your main issue here, the root cause, is that you have BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR. Go and sell it, but a TT as it seems you obviously wanted to in the first place and then, if you can't afford to tune it, LEAVE IT ALONE.

Hi Everyone, I just wanted opinions on the Whiffbits kit, I am a long time member on the merc owner's club and although we do get off the technical matters at times we do get people hyjacking the thread and getting a bit personal, i admit it is not difficult to get into this and i admit also i was well disappointed when i got the true info on the turbo kit, if you read my starter thread i quoted what the advert stated, which was you could fork out £2,700 and get your na to 346 bhp with mega performance etc, ok i should have known that was too good to be true as i then found out i needed another £1,500 of stuff and no guarantee that i would have any longevity in the outcome, not good, but if anyone can tell me after reading the initial starter advert wording, that i have mis-quoted anything then i would have to take the hit. My thread has touched a nerve and i will keep to myself why i think this is. I think this site is great for technical information and to see how some members progress their supra projects, it was also good to see that some members can see where i was comming from, i have learned from the response i got and members can draw form the thread as they think fit, we should let this go now, i have my answer to my thread and i know more about the possibilities for my na, i am also reminding myself that "straight line speed from BHP" is not all, as my racing experience tells me that driving fast safely at high speed is not somthing you can bolt on to your engine. Thankyou to all members who gave me good tech info. herbiemercman.

Racing experience, and yet you think you can spend £2700 and get a bolt on extra 300hp/400hp on tap?

It says in the first paragraph on the website as well as in the second about OTHER SUPPORTING MODS.

I don't know Paul and haven't deal with him so have no vested interest in this but the fact you can't read an advert properly and then come on here and whinge is incredible.

Now you ask for the thread to be shut, pretty obviously trying to dig yourself out of a hole now.

Graham please do add this to the best threads ever.

Also for those bashing NAs, up youuuuurs mines way faster than my bicycle so they're very capable.