The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbits na/t turbo kit. - anyone tried it ?

herbiemercman

Never seen someone so angry about owning an n/a, i thought Graham was bad :D

I wasn't angry about it.... just bitter,resentful and hate filled. Everytime I saw a nice car on here I thought ntuc rearranged :D

- - - Updated - - -

Lol who the hell is this Graham

That's our dear friend Roger :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Graham, I do not know you, and you do not know me, but what have i said that supports your stance? the chap you post i do not know, but is not hard to see it might be a put down for me, but why? Tell me why ?

Some club members have responded in a sensible way, sort of giving a technical response, I do not like being told to be careful as you state, not nice, and not called for. We are discussing cars and engine tuning and the punters good and bad which peddle this, please do not get personal, you do not know me. herbiemercman.

Hi Everyone, It is a good club where you can speak your mind, I admit i was "pissed off" with the Whiffbits add, I am not happy with having a car which is as new and looks like the tt rocket ships with a lawn mower engine under the hood, HOWEVER i don't like companies who make a fortune out of making people think they can cure your problem with lured in, low cost bull$#@!, and then the sting in the tail, when you get the truth.

I also am suprised that a "moderator" can try to put you down just to "play to the gallery", pathetic. herbiemercman.

I'm confused. What is your objective here?

Seems that everyone else understands the content / quality of the Whifbitz kit and is able to make thier own judgement of value (good or bad) based on same, so what does anyone gain from this ranting?

Hi Graham, I do not know you, and you do not know me, but what have i said that supports your stance? the chap you post i do not know, but is not hard to see it might be a put down for me, but why? Tell me why ?

Some club members have responded in a sensible way, sort of giving a technical response, I do not like being told to be careful as you state, not nice, and not called for. We are discussing cars and engine tuning and the punters good and bad which peddle this, please do not get personal, you do not know me. herbiemercman.

Roger started getting a bit funny about a few issues and decided to enlighten the forum in a very public manner. My point is you've said what you feel about Whifbitzs, and they have responded too. It get's very easy to get wound up about things, and then it turns into a ongoing slanging match which won't do you many favours on here with the heirachy, regarding your time here.

Personally I would just move on from it and join me in spreading the word about NA's in as murkier a light as possible.

Hi Josh, You should not have said about the mushrooms, you will reflect on this, i am only stating facts and questions and i can see that many members agree, you may be another Whiffbits supporter.? but if i have said anything out of order, tell me what it is. ? herbiemercman.:taped:

Are you really so delusional that you see people as taking sides? We're simy pointing out that you have obviously not read the advert.

As it happens, yes I am running the Whifbitz NA-T kit. Does that mean I support them as a brand, no. But did I buy it knowing I needed additional kit to support it, yes. Was this fact hidden? No. Do your research.

If it was as simple as bolting a turbo kit on, don't you think we would all be running 1000bhp now?

I also am suprised that a "moderator" can try to put you down just to "play to the gallery", pathetic. herbiemercman.

Dont insult the moderators. I dont like it when people do that.

You can buy a NOS kit for your NA and hit 320bhp. Its only for 1 run but you could do it, or you could spend £10,000 and fit a fully tuned single turbo with 6speed box and still not come up with all the parts.

YOU have to research what you are buying, understand what options are available and read everything there is to read about it.

How can you possible be 'pissed off' when you havent even bought the turbo kit from them!! You can be confused, possibly a little miffed, but as it stands you havent actually bought anything.

Your whole thread seems to be some sort of whinge with no real substance, based on you not bothering to read the information correctly.

I fitted a t-61 to my UK spec many years ago. It cost about £3k including labour but didnt come with ECU, uprated injectors, uprated clutch, improved cooling. It was a turbo kit and I had to find the rest of hte parts.

Why dont you approach a tuner and tell them what you want from the car, and they can tell you what you need and what it will cost.

The add doesn't state it's an out the box fix. If it were I would think there would be lots of na-t cars.

I haven't had the pleasure to use whiffbits but I'm sure I will as they have great stuff :)

I have spoken to them via email/pm and there service was out standing I'm under the impression you are trying to put the company down

The add for the turbo kit doesn't state it's a out the box fix as it advises you extras.

Further more suggest costing everything yourself and I'm sure it will be a lot more than this kit.

What is it you want to achieve from this post?

It's proberbly cheaper and easier selling your name and buying a TT AUTO or Manual 6speed

O/

Ant

Edited by Hitbox Junkie (see edit history)

Hi Everyone, I get the picture, some gave a technical answer which i appreciate, may be i was a little OTT with the whiffbits add, but everyone is entitled to the interpretation, i will start reading the "fine print" in future, why some members and more so, a moderator "went for the jugular" says a lot about them, you have to allow members to say what they think about advertisers who use the "fine print" in their advertisments to lure people in, it is the worst in marketing and we see it more and more, anyway i will be looking for a tt and thank the up front members who provided technical replies. herbiemercman.

Hi Everyone, I get the picture, some gave a technical answer which i appreciate, may be i was a little OTT with the whiffbits add, but everyone is entitled to the interpretation, i will start reading the "fine print" in future, why some members and more so, a moderator "went for the jugular" says a lot about them, you have to allow members to say what they think about advertisers who use the "fine print" in their advertisments to lure people in, it is the worst in marketing and we see it more and more, anyway i will be looking for a tt and thank the up front members who provided technical replies. herbiemercman.

So how much will you sell your N/A for?

We allow free speech on here within reason. As soon as you start claiming a trader is ripping people off, using false advertising and basically telling lies it becomes a problem.

Ask the question in the right way, ie would that turbo kit be all I need or will there be more, then it would be fine.

Start the discussion saying they are ripping people off by pricing the turbo kit on its own without the other parts then it is the wrong way to do it.

You can ask questions, just dont start throwing accusations around on a public forum.

I myself have looked into the Whifbitz kit many times and thought do I or don't I, I myself have done a lot of research and for £2700 you can make your na a turbo. You do not need a ecu the standard ecu can cope fine with 7psi. And Whifbitz is like every company their to make money it's up to to read adds and decide what you want and don't want from your supra.

I did not want to "stir up a hornett's nest", i feel like nigel farage who i vote for, my thread was a technical question, no one has told me what i said was incorrect? I accept that Whiffbits are "god" on this site and accept that they are very technical, it is up to other members to make their own opinions and from the response they should be well pleased. herbiemercman.:innocent:

I think it's more the fact that thread has spiraled downhill after you said Whifbitz's were taking the piss. I think you'll find that on the forum I am God not Whifbitzs.... Branners is my mere puppet doing my semi evil deeds.

Keeping in full notion of going totally off topic, where is Branners avatar from?

The Whifbitz NA-T kit is not expensive. You are paying for much higher quality components than the cheap kits come with, which will likely save you money and headaches in the long run.

And Whifbitz advertising is no different to any other turbo kit supplier. Go and read the HKS or Powerhouse racing websites.

I think it's more the fact that thread has spiraled downhill after you said Whifbitz's were taking the piss. I think you'll find that on the forum I am God not Whifbitzs.... Branners is my mere puppet doing my semi evil deeds.

Keeping in full notion of going totally off topic, where is Branners avatar from?

Branners is Judge/Jury now so watch Out Graham :) he will judge you :)

I myself have looked into the Whifbitz kit many times and thought do I or don't I, I myself have done a lot of research and for £2700 you can make your na a turbo. You do not need a ecu the standard ecu can cope fine with 7psi. And Whifbitz is like every company their to make money it's up to to read adds and decide what you want and don't want from your supra.

I'm not sure where you've read that mate, but honestly I would not trust the stock ECU or map to run an NA-T.

Having seen the amount of fuelling correction needed during mapping, you wouldn't be safe running it stock even at 7PSI