The mkiv Supra Owners Club

6Speed Aerotop Single Turbo Project Aurora (PICS!)

Hitbox Junkie

make bigger pics :( nothing worse than having to click each picture!

Good luck with it!

Yes you upload it on the forum but select the hyper link and it opens up in a new window, copy that URL between the image tags and it shows the image in its largest uploaded size

Cheers for the help, really useful, threads been updated with the images being large now.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the condition and size/offsets. Being Volks they will demand a higher price. They are also a rarer volk wheel, dont see many of them on supras.

I'd say £1000.

I was thinking around that price but I will have to get a closer look on condition when I go up and see the car again or I get it back to mine. :thumbs:

Any idea on timescales for completion / work ?

I'm giving dude a ring tomorrow, and I hope a month, needs fuel pump/fitting needs some sensors for the syvecs, heater matrix needs sorting and the brake caliper that's seized will need attention. Then its mapping and running in. I am sure dude will fill me in and I can get a rough idea. I just want to get all the major stuff done then I can look at the small detail stuff.

Looks like it's gunna turn out great dude.

Just a heads up though..... Your HKS adjustable cam gears look like the old type which I had (blue teeth). Apparently the teeth are made of an alloy which is too soft. They end up wearing quickly (especially if you're using a Kevlar timing belt like the Gates ones) and then eat your timing belt due to the sharp edges. I had to change for the later type (silver teeth). Speak to Lee at SRD if you are in any doubt, as he was the one who informed me of the issue, thankfully before anything happened.

Just a heads up though..... Your HKS adjustable cam gears look like the old type which I had (blue teeth). Apparently the teeth are made of an alloy which is too soft. They end up wearing quickly (especially if you're using a Kevlar timing belt like the Gates ones) and then eat your timing belt due to the sharp edges. I had to change for the later type (silver teeth). Speak to Lee at SRD if you are in any doubt, as he was the one who informed me of the issue, thankfully before anything happened.

Great to know thanks for the info i would have been non the wiser on that one. I will look later on when I have the car up and rolling for now :)

I ran the same HKS pulleys with an HKS (kevlar) cam belt on mine for 9 years, the anodising wears a little - as it would on any anodised pulley - but the teeth themselves were perfectly fine after all that time.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)