The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is 95 unleaded OK for an idle and off boost map?

Scott

As above really. I need to pop out and get some fuel. 95 is right around the corner whereas 99 is a fair trek. I was wondering if there was any point driving to get the 99 when it's just to check things, get it idling well and put a non-boost runaround map on. There's already a few litres of 99 in the tank, so it would be running approx 50:50.

Does a supra not run on 95?

No in Japan they run on 102 octane rated fuel I believe, but as we only have 99 over here it's best to use that.

It's all down to the mapping etc, you could map a car to run on 95 but you'll lose power from the map.

Yeah running on 95 isn't going to kill it, but it may run rough if boosting etc.

You'll be fine sticking some in though.

Don't see why not mate as long as it's off boost. You that close to finishing it? Need pics of it outside the garage :D

It's there or thereabouts mate. It's not quite ready to drive out yet though. No bumper, no wheels, no brakes, etc, etc, etc :D

The list is very small though :)

This is the stuff you want! Purchased quite a bit of this on my last two trips over the the Ring. Think it's about 110 or 112 RON if my memory serves me right.

I remember many years ago the BP garage in Portsmouth used to sell 103 or 105 RON race fuel and it was about £1.24 a litre!

image.jpg