The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD to the rescue...!

Brazil

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't! Too many people doing the same thing, bored of that look. The bay looks great, nice shiny paint and a few choice things hidden, but most accessible.

I also think it lowers the resale value.

I'm with James, I wouldn't smooth the bay either, pointless imho.

For a show car, smooth it. But you don't put a 6466 on a show car, you abuse the hell out of it! Lol

:yeahthat:

So much work for no gain. Hiding fuse boxes in hard to reach places (or ingress compromised) doesn't make any sense to me, 99% of the time your bonnet is closed anyway.

The price has gone up too, Baldy is looking for 4,500 pounds to do the smooth bay....! It's no way that I am going to pay that especially since my bay has already been painted.

Maybe look into getting the boxes made to hide the holes from the missing ABS?

The price has gone up too, Baldy is looking for 4,500 pounds to do the smooth bay....! It's no way that I am going to pay that especially since my bay has already been painted.

Wow as you say £4500 is definitely not worth it. Maybe get a set of Lee's engine bay boxes like Steve M has to hide a few things. To be honest I love how your bay looks as it is. £4500 is money that is better spent else where I don't think anyone is going to be paying attention to a few holes when you have a large polished single turbo and painted bay.

My current bay,

Will be changing the plenum to a Hypertune on the next build.

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Brazil1982/10628352_693773234031964_3360087337180353663_n_zps604260ce.jpg

The only things I would do to that bay is : Hide the wiring down the passenger side in the wing and Be more discreet about the placement of things so you dont have too many hoses on show

You got to be shi****g me [emoji33] thats mental money so the 3 or 4 that have been done recently cost that? Some of you guys have way to much money to burn, when that would pay for kw coilovers and big breaks or a built engine,

Brazil your bay looks fantastic as it is [emoji2]

You got to be shi****g me [emoji33] thats mental money so the 3 or 4 that have been done recently cost that? Some of you guys have way to much money to burn, when that would pay for kw coilovers and big breaks or a built engine,

You are right, that money will go nicely towards some new wheels...!

I am also upset by this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I was happy with the first price!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read the thread-- Sorry about your bad luck Brazil..

Reading between the lines, it seems the car had a low oil pressure issue from first start up? Wouldn't that cause all the scoring if there was no oil being pumped about?

Yes, and 3.5 bar on cold start up isnt normal at all. I get around 8 bar on a cold engine.

All the cam and cam journal scoring is because low oil pressure.

What did the oil pump look like?

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

Yes was my mistake as John Fisher told me the price he paid for his to be done which was £2500 plus vat

I then assumed this was the price and quoted a few people when they saw John's car and wanted the same work.

I had no idea Simon had decided that it wasn't enough money and wanted to charge a lot more for doing it.

So my mistake

all i will say is I NEVER GAVE THESE PEOPLE " THE 1ST PRICE"

this so called 1st price was an assumed price by another trader!

smoothing a bay is massive labour intensive work.I'm not interested in do them at a loss.