The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus 2jz ge engine in supra, what's needed?

Crash Bandicoot

Just to clarify,

The car the engine will be going into is a N reg mk4 supra manual,

The engine is being taken from a 96 lexus gs300 auto.

The supra has everything in place (manual ecu etc)

The engine from the Lexus is a complete engine with all ancillaries.

What would be needed if anything to make it compatible?

Cheers is advance guys :thumbs:

The engine is the same tho if the badge is taken off...

And I would have a full car with a knackered engine and complete engine from the Lexus so could use the loom from the old engine surely? Correct me if I'm wrong. And I'm struggling to find a toyota engine let alone one with 70k genuine with fsh miles seen running and comes complete for £250... Thanks for the offer benjy but I will be able to use the sump and oil pick up from the naff toyota engine :)

I take it ur Supra is a JDM NA?

If so ur choice of wiring and ecu will depend on this working, the JDM mk4 Supra NA ecu manual or auto won't run a GS300 engine with its wiring loom. The NA from a GS300 is MAF based, where as the NA from a supra is MAP based, also im pretty sure the interior wiring loom will be different between the GS300 and Supra. Minus the other few minor differences between these engines, best thing to do would be get hold of a JDM Supra NA engine wiring loom or use the wiring loom from ur existing engine, connect that to the engine and then it should be plug and play, along with the other changes needed as said above.

Edited by TRD-1 (see edit history)