The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can a screamer pipe be blanked off?

T14PPA

Come on guys, what happened to being helpful on here? the above is just arrogant imo, probably why you got a hostile reply back.

I think it's great you're attempting to do this having not done it before, post up pictures of your space issue and lets see if we can come up with an easy solution :)

Nick.

Thanks nicholas thats what the forum is supose to be like. But ive now sorted the screamer pipe. I cut one of the sensor fittings on the downpipe and welded it shut. Then i cut the screamer down an re welded it. Its given me about 4mm clearence between downpipe and screamer which should be fine.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nicholas
Thanks nicholas thats what the forum is supose to be like. But ive now sorted the screamer pipe. I cut one of the sensor fittings on the downpipe and welded it shut. Then i cut the screamer down an re welded it. Its given me about 4mm clearence between downpipe and screamer which should be fine.

:thumbs: post a build thread, it's always good for others to see problems and solutions during conversions.

Come on guys, what happened to being helpful on here? the above is just arrogant imo, probably why you got a hostile reply back.

I think it's great you're attempting to do this having not done it before, post up pictures of your space issue and lets see if we can come up with an easy solution :)

Take you haven't read the whole thread as this is the 4th kit he's fitted

And Paul's brought a cheap kit for him to fit

- - - Updated - - -

At least you are in good hands having your car at whifbitz... I suggest follow their advice on the build, follow it through and you will learn lots...!

My cars at Srd mate if your talking about my car

Guest Nicholas

Take you haven't read the whole thread as this is the 4th kit he's fitted

And Paul's brought a cheap kit for him to fit

I read the whole thread, perhaps this is the first time hes fitted this particular kit which is how I took it. Abit of encouragement wouldn't go a miss anyway would it? how would you feel if people mocked your build for choosing the none ball bearing slower spooling T51 turbo? you wouldn't be very happy I'm sure. I think it's commendable doing the work himself and lets be honest 99% of the reason you sign up to a club like this is to ask technical questions and receive educated responses.

If people dont agree with something they shouldnt say anything

That's just a ridiculous statement, it's almost as ridiculous as this entire thread. If people didn't step in and disagree with stupidity then there would be a whole load more broken cars on this forum (not to mention the various other topics that aren't car related, the list is endless).

Wrong advice is far worse than no advice, anyone who thinks otherwise is an imbecile.

well chamoislee posting his words of wisdom and NOT doing his own build lol. when you know what your on about then you post helpful info.

but if i need windows cleaning:D

and you expect constructive helpful feedback

anyway its sorted now top job by mike thanks.

1. I am doing my own build with help from lee

2. My job obviously pays more that yours hense your cheap turbo kit and my HKS T51

3. By the looks of things I do know what I'm on about as I knew not to blank off the weastgate side

Not like your man doing yours wich isn't his fault as he's trying to fit a crap turbo kit

And don't get personal Paul!!!!!

End of the day your mate wants to become a trader then ask a stupid question

People gave him answers and feed back on his thoughts.

1. I am doing my own build with help from lee

2. My job obviously pays more that yours hense your cheap turbo kit and my HKS T51

3. By the looks of things I do know what I'm on about as I knew not to blank off the weastgate side

Not like your man doing yours wich isn't his fault as he's trying to fit a crap turbo kit

And don't get personal Paul!!!!!

End of the day your mate wants to become a trader then ask a stupid question

People gave him answers and feed back on his thoughts.

*hence* you dumbass! :p

Guest Nicholas
That's just a ridiculous statement, it's almost as ridiculous as this entire thread. If people didn't step in and disagree with stupidity then there would be a whole load more broken cars on this forum (not to mention the various other topics that aren't car related, the list is endless).

Wrong advice is far worse than no advice, anyone who thinks otherwise is an imbecile.

I agree with people giving opinions good or bad but as a forum the general idea is to help and encourage, after all that's what a forums all about. I wouldn't say this thread is ridiculous though as surely it's better to ask the question than not? I know in my industry I rather people ask if they don't know something than go steaming ahead and do serious damage.

Oh dear :rolleyes:

I agree with people giving opinions good or bad but as a forum the general idea is to help and encourage, after all that's what a forums all about. I wouldn't say this thread is ridiculous though as surely it's better to ask the question than not? I know in my industry I rather people ask if they don't know something than go steaming ahead and do serious damage.

True but it's the fact he's sopose to have done a few kits in the past and wants to be a trader but ask a silk question

That's what people mean, I'm all for asking questions and have done through out my build that's how you learn.

We was just looking out for Paul and his car but now after his pathetic comments about me and my job

I couldn't care less all I can say is good luck with the build!

lee hes looking out for me thats go back a few posts and see! i do not see -oh god- in my engine not yet but bless you for trying

and dont really care how much you earn i dont have a my own company! and tobe honest who cares what you fit its how you then maintain it use it. theres plenty of cheaper cars, parts etc these days that do the job

Wow hasn't this gone all snotty?

I think the general gist though is that if someone is entrusting their vehicle to someone else that they are paying to instal something such as a single turbo conversion usually it is expected that the person that is being paid to undertake the work would have at least a basic understanding of the work that was being performed. A fundamental lack of turbo system knowledge does not convey a great deal of confidence especially if the turbo kit has been cobbled together by someone else that has a lack of technical knowledge.

This is how friendships get ruined and long term relationships spoiled. An effort undertaken in good faith and intention can result in too much collateral damage due to a lack of technical knowledge of two different people. That is why I believe people are justifiably concerned about the question asked in this thread by a person that is being entrusted with another persons vehicle. If it was someone asking about their own vehicle than the connotations wouldn't be quite so heavy

It is definitely better to ask than not, especially in this case. Lets be honest here, without the question and the answer it could be an engine rebuilt or a blown turbo at the very least. That's not my point though, it's simply a real worry that someone is taking on a major task while not knowing or understanding the basics. It leads me to wonder what other aspects of the build have been misguided. Only time will tell though, there's really no way of knowing. To add, just because someone is willing to do something for a bit of cash doesn't mean it's a good idea, I honestly find it a scary prospect. Sometimes it's required to protect people from themselves.

However, I'm not defending some of the statements made in this thread..... it's gone way out of hand. In a similar situation I would have asked for an explanation of the function of the wastegate and how it influences the running of the engine. At least people would take my query seriously and not jump to the conclusion that I had no idea what I was doing.

Wow hasn't this gone all snotty?

I think the general gist though is that if someone is entrusting their vehicle to someone else that they are paying to instal something such as a single turbo conversion usually it is expected that the person that is being paid to undertake the work would have at least a basic understanding of the work that was being performed. A fundamental lack of turbo system knowledge does not convey a great deal of confidence especially if the turbo kit has been cobbled together by someone else that has a lack of technical knowledge.

This is how friendships get ruined and long term relationships spoiled. An effort undertaken in good faith and intention can result in too much collateral damage due to a lack of technical knowledge of two different people. That is why I believe people are justifiably concerned about the question asked in this thread by a person that is being entrusted with another persons vehicle. If it was someone asking about their own vehicle than the connotations wouldn't be quite so heavy

:yes::salute::clap: well said