The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can a screamer pipe be blanked off?

T14PPA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you blank the wastegate exit pipe you might as well bin the wastegate itself and just blank off the wastegate orifice on the manifold :) Lots of boost!! For a few seconds.......! Trouble is, boost is addictive, once he experiences a LOT of boost, even for a second or two, after plumbing it right it will be boring.

It's just basic knowledge mate I'm just the "tea boy" and I know that you can't blank off the weastgate part other wise where will all the pressure go no disrespect to the bloke building it but if he not sure about how to do the install then don't do it other wise he will end up with loads of problems. I'm doing mine now and it's so hard and you have to do loads of reading up on it but you do need a bit of car sense to do this job

Edited by Supraleeturbo (see edit history)

sorry paul but im will lee, if he doesnt know what to do with the wastegate what else does he not know what to do with ? does he know how to plumb the vac lines to the wastegate ?

I know its a simple question but its something you should know before you start a build , ei how its works and what it does , so you can plan your build

its not hard to do a single conversion , but i fear that your bits and bobs kit does not help with the fitting for mike

well u have lee p on your door so theres your help, mike asked on the forum.

so far the work and effort shown by mike has been great.

If you didn't by a cheap turbo kit the bloke wouldn't have so many problems

If you brought a better kit that's ment to fit correctly then it would be done in a fraction of

the time with half the problems

It's false economy when you save money on parts then have to spend more money on labour and fabrication to fit them

If you brought a better kit that's ment to fit correctly then it would be done in a fraction of

It's false economy when you save money on parts then have to spend more money on labour and fabrication to fit them

Firstly i was 99% sure about the wastegate but due to space issues i supose i was just wishfull thinking. Ive done 3 single turbo builds and never had a problem. This forum has a few idiots who follow others. (That is not the case with many ive met)

Ive been a mechanic for 8 years now, since i was 17 but the tuning side is still a little new to me. Everyone learns.

And just because its not a £10000 kit you lot are slating paul? Not everyone is gifted with unlimited funds and have been fed with a silver spoon.

I think the problem is that suggesting the wastegate outlet pipe is blocked off shows a basic misunderstanding of turbo systems and their operation. That's going to worry people who think you're fitting single turbo kits to peoples' cars. It's worrying because we don't like seeing members get screwed or be out of pocket needlessly, that's all. It's what you'd call club spirit.

It's not really the 'doing it on the cheap' thing, to be honest. We've seen how that goes year after year, so the conversation is a bit pointless.

I think the problem is that suggesting the wastegate outlet pipe is blocked off shows a basic misunderstanding of turbo systems and their operation. That's going to worry people who think you're fitting single turbo kits to peoples' cars. It's worrying because we don't like seeing members get screwed or be out of pocket needlessly, that's all. It's what you'd call club spirit.

It's not really the 'doing it on the cheap' thing, to be honest. We've seen how that goes year after year, so the conversation is a bit pointless.

Well before i did my single conversion idnever used an external wastegate. Paul is not geting screwed in the slightest. Ive worked like a idiot on his car, with loads of problems but i will not expect a penny more than i agreed with him. Ive run around for parts and everything. Not many people would do that. I do it because i enjoy it and i like the challenge. Pauls a genuinely nice guy and as long as he is happy with my work i couldnt care less

Well before i did my single conversion idnever used an external wastegate. Paul is not geting screwed in the slightest. Ive worked like a idiot on his car, with loads of problems but i will not expect a penny more than i agreed with him. Ive run around for parts and everything. Not many people would do that. I do it because i enjoy it and i like the challenge. Pauls a genuinely nice guy and as long as he is happy with my work i couldnt care less

Will you be applying for trader membership? :)

Firstly i was 99% sure about the wastegate but due to space issues i supose i was just wishfull thinking. Ive done 3 single turbo builds and never had a problem. This forum has a few idiots who follow others. (That is not the case with many ive met)

Ive been a mechanic for 8 years now, since i was 17 but the tuning side is still a little new to me. Everyone learns.

And just because its not a £10000 kit you lot are slating paul? Not everyone is gifted with unlimited funds and have been fed with a silver spoon.

Where did that come from?

So everyone that works really hard to buy quality parts for their car is fed with a silver spoon and rich!??

I'm not rich and work my arse off to buy parts for my car but I would still rather buy a second hand good quality kit that fits and works than a cheap new one that's a pain to fit and could potentially not last.

I take it you don't understand the phrase false economy

Where did that come from?

So everyone that works really hard to buy quality parts for their car is fed with a silver spoon and rich!??

I'm not rich and work my arse off to buy parts for my car but I would still rather buy a second hand good quality kit that fits and works than a cheap new one that's a pain to fit and could potentially not last.

I take it you don't understand the phrase false economy

That wernt aimed at everyone. But you got to understand theres other people who work their asses off but cant afford to spunk that much on car parts and then theres people on here that just bad mouth them. If people dont agree with something they shouldnt say anything

Guest Nicholas

Come on guys, what happened to being helpful on here? the above is just arrogant imo, probably why you got a hostile reply back.

I think it's great you're attempting to do this having not done it before, post up pictures of your space issue and lets see if we can come up with an easy solution :)

Nick.