The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Funny car question threads

Burna

Was sitting in the pub last night chatting with a mate discussing funny threads we had read (he's a member of a few VW Beetle forums). I was telling him about this one, sorry Ed :giveup:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=33100&highlight=boot+release

My fav post by Clarkey "PMSL ! Can someone tell me where the horn is ? I'm sure it's staring me in the face! lol "

Anyway my mate just messenged me this one:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106951&page=1&pp=25

Was wondering if anyone else had any good ones? Could do with a good laugh today :)

Well, there's the classic 'My windscreen washer pump has broken - when I pull back on the lever nothing happens' question that dude, myself and at least 3 others have asked on here :)

However, top biscuit for me is the one last year on here where someone was asking about driving through the channel tunnel. I can't for the life of me remember who it was (and I really wish I'd kept the thread) but several people explained about picking up the train at Waterloo or Ashford, and then others explained about the terminal at Dover, but the person didn't seem to be getting it at all. On about the second page they said something like 'I don't understand, everyone keeps going on about the train, I wanna go by car' and then realisation dawned on everyone - yes, some 10 years after the thing was opened and with lots of pictures of Eurostars in the news (and a train fire) this person thought it was a road tunnel, like a motorway.

:eek:

Or should that be :beenlivinginacave:

Now who was it...?! :)

I remember a thread on here -tho can't find it for the life of me- .. it was about the stupidest things people have done.

A member on here - had drained the fuel from his tank .. and couldn't work out what do with it. So, they decided to ditch it down the drain in the gutter.

Then the member - thought "Shit! What do I do now ? There's a few gallons down there."

Ummm ... so he lit a match ... and :bang: :bang: and a few licks of flame came out of the drainage grill.

:dummy:

Anyone remember the the thread on here where the guy had removed his front brake caliper from the brake hose and then refitted it but didn't bleed the brakes?

He was saying that the brakes were a bit spongy when braking from triple digit speeds and did we think bleeding them might help?

Then he said that he had cross-threaded the brake pipe fitting going into the caliper and there was fluid leaking out, and did we think PTFE tape would stop it OK.

Anyone remember that one?

Anyone remember the the thread on here where the guy had removed his front brake caliper from the brake hose and then refitted it but didn't bleed the brakes?

He was saying that the brakes were a bit spongy when braking from triple digit speeds and did we think bleeding them might help?

Then he said that he had cross-threaded the brake pipe fitting going into the caliper and there was fluid leaking out, and did we think PTFE tape would stop it OK.

Anyone remember that one?

I hate to say it but that was Paul Laing as well...

-Ian

The classic US one... where the guy plumbed his nitrous system into the cam cover (I think it was) of his Civic! :D

The setting fire to petrol one was a good un too :p

I remember that one, except I think it was a guy who plumped his NOS directly into the petrol tank!

I remember that one, except I think it was a guy who plumped his NOS directly into the petrol tank!

Nah, he drilled a fecking great big hole into the cam cover of his S2000- super cool camshafts?

As Terrible said, the dude with the Golf 'washing' his mk1 out with water was the funniest thing I've ever read. Shame Dubworld deleted the thread.

No way!! I was going to ask but I know he gets a bit touchy and doesn't quite see the funny side - hence it being brought up with much frequency :D

IIRC his dad helped him, and Paul got very shirty when someone suggested his dad wasn't quite up to the job.