The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Run for the Border!!!

Fitz

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! Well me and alex(drift_bear) spoke about this last night. If we could get the dates for the show we could travel scotland be at the show and parked up the night before so we can get cars cleaned etc, and have a good piss up at night. This may also attract more memebers from the scottish section.

You loved the camping at JAE :p ;)

I NEARLY DIED. Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha! Well me and alex(drift_bear) spoke about this last night. If we could get the dates for the show we could travel scotland be at the show and parked up the night before so we can get cars cleaned etc, and have a good piss up at night. This may also attract more memebers from the scottish section.

Sounds like a plan!

So far im thinking the following the route, this is just a rough idea though. Obviously i will work out the final route, fuel stops and etc but hopefully this will help get the ball rolling...

Day 1 (267 miles)

Starting point - Loch lomond

Fort william

Applecross

Finishing point - Loch ness

Day 2 (173 miles)

Starting point - Inverness

Aviemore

Pitlochry

Stirling

Finishing point - Glasgow (or Edinburgh for the SCS, date depending)

Means we take in the west coast on Day 1 and then the East side on Day 2, what does everyone think about that?

So far im thinking the following the route, this is just a rough idea though. Obviously i will work out the final route, fuel stops and etc but hopefully this will help get the ball rolling...

Day 1 (267 miles)

Fort william

Applecross

Day 2 (173 miles)

Aviemore

Pitlochry

Stirling

Means we take in the west coast on Day 1 and then the East side on Day 2, what does everyone think about that?

Some great places I've always wanted to visit.

Sounds good

Day 1 (267 miles)

Fort william

Applecross

Day 2 (173 miles)

Aviemore

Pitlochry

Stirling

Sounds good - I'm guessing that:

- Day 1 = Saturday, Day 2 = Sunday?

- That the non Scottish/non local people will want to stay around Loch Lomond on the Friday night? As in do the UK drive up on the Friday?

- They may also want to stay Sunday night and drive back on Monday?

... as it's like 500~ miles to even get to Scotland.

Sounds good - I'm guessing that:

- Day 1 = Saturday, Day 2 = Sunday?

- That the non Scottish/non local people will want to stay around Loch Lomond on the Friday night? As in do the UK drive up on the Friday?

- They may also want to stay Sunday night and drive back on Monday?

... as it's like 500~ miles to even get to Scotland.

Originally yes i was thinking of people arriving friday night and then the following

Day 1 - Saturday

Day 2 - Sunday

And then saying our goodbyes on the Monday

BUT If people were wanting to do SCS, then it would need to be the following

Day 1 - Friday

Day 2 - Saturday (big piss up at night)

Day 3 - SCS and then say our goodbyes

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

I think we should make this a Thursday to Monday thing gives us southerners and chance to ready as it's going to take me 12 with stop to meet people to get up there

This is why I think we should have the one location for sleeping at instead of different places.

Then people can turn up to that location at any time over the few days and know where everyone will be

1) supraleeturbo

2) wattwatt

3) supragal

4) grasmt

5) Crock

6) Al Massey

7) Drift_bear

8) Benjy

Dates dependant. Still think a stay over on the thursday night somewhere central. Those of us that want to meet up at a central point to convoy up can, and anyone that's not arsed about leaving as a convoy can join the convoy at a service station at a given time a bit further north.

Wasent down Brighton though so:p

Any ways I hope

You can come join us when we come up be good to see you pal

Me and Karen are interested in this pending dates. Would be good to go north & be with the Scottish lot. As they do make the effort in coming down to us.

Sounds like it could work, but it'd have to 1, not clash with DB, 2, not clash with DB v2, 3, not clash with JAE and 4, not be horrendous weather.

All depends on dates etc