The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woo hoo! Serious broadband!

GeordieSteve

Anyone here with Eclipse??

Reliability and service is excellent. Been with them for about 3 years now, and never had a problem. :woot:

The one problem is that EVERYONE seems to be getting free upgrades to 1-2mb lines with other ISP's, and here I am like a lemon on 512k or so :drown: . I use the internet for about 16 hours a day for work, mail, browsing and most importantly games ... so it really winds me up when I see peeps that use it for 5 mins a day with free 2mb connections! Grrrr. What's worse is that we have 4 PC's in the house sharing the connection, and 90% of the time at least 2 of them are playing WoW online = bandwidth hog!

/ :flame:

I know what you mean James, several mates use Eclipse and the service/reliability is 2nd to none. They do complain about the bandwidth available though, seems ADSL is getting a bit behind the cable suppliers.

Since NTL and Blue yonder are now starting to roll out 10mbit, it won't be long before the ADSL suppliers have to go to maximum capacity bandwidth. I got sent a link earlier today with a company that was trialling 24mbit ADSL for £30 per month, give me a few mins and I'll dig it out....

woohooo, 4mb coming soon then, about time anyway, NTL had their upgrade many months ago, though that was only from 1mb to 2mb

The 750K customers got that upgrade to 2Mb too, which is what I'm on now. But in the new year, they reckon we'll be getting 10Mb!!

Now that's fast! They reckon you can download a single in 3 secs at that rate!!

:ecstatic:

Ridiculous speeds. No end user needs this at the moment.

Yeah right!! At 3mb mine is always maxed when I'm ftp'ing friends in europe (and constantly pissed off at waiting for downloads to complete.) 10mb should be the standard home connection IMO.

Its the guys in the Nordics with the 100mbit connections that are rediculous.

Yeh James, I'm with Eclipse. Their service is very good. I think that on some of their services they are going to be offering 8MB connections at some point in the future.
Yeah ... it's most annoying. They do have faster lines .. but they all having sodding monthly download limits on. I'm after a decent speed line (2,4,8mb), but with no silly download limits! Maybe worth spamming them with questions about it :D

Not servicing my area yet for that 24mb badboy .. that would rule! BET that has a download limit!!

WOW!!! Just a minute!!! :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

Turned on Eclipse this evening and everything just felt strangely fast!! Hmmm!!

Went to the Bandwidthplace Speed Test (HERE) and got a download speed of 1.7 megabits :ecstatic: !!! Nice! I usually get about 450k or so!!

Shovels ... how is your connection looking? I'm wondering if something has just briefly screwed up down their end, or whether Eclipse have done a sly 2mb upgrade!! Result if they have!! :eyebrows:

Cheers, J :thumbs: