• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, thats a lot of inputs :D

To quote Romain:

In the S6Plus you have got, you have 22 configurable inputs

On the PnP harness you will already use 17 of them including DBW (4) and the Auto gearbox (6)

Which leave you only 5 inputs

Traction control can use 4 but we only use 2 here, one front speed sensor and one rear speed sensor

Then the calibration switch is another one

And Fuel pressure and oil pressure are the last one we use

Regarding the inputs, it's possible to use 1 front wheel and one rear wheel for the wheel speed sensing for the TC if that was a help. It saved 2 inputs for me :)

Does this compromise the traction control, if you only have one front and one rear wheel speed being monitored? ie. It'll know the relative speed front vs rear but won't know if only one of the front or rear wheels that isn't monitored loses traction.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Stick an I/O expander on it, syvecs sell them.

I was going to suggest that, Whifbitz sell them also.

I can't help but think why was this not all thought of before, by the people who sell this stuff?

They know it's Auto, they know it's DBW, they know you have the Cal, they know you want this and that, etc

If I was 100% sure the CW intercooler would drop the intake temps enough, I would use it. The CW intercooler is £1k, which is risking a lot of money, plus fitting and mapping etc, when I may not be in a much better position than I am now. I may look at them again in the future.

Curiously, I discovered yesterday that Greddy used to make twin side mount intercoolers for the Supra. But I doubt I'd be able to find one.

Yes, as far as I'm aware the car is running perfectly now. Still not sure if the gearbox management is 100%, but that can be sorted during mapping if not.

- - - Updated - - -

Stick an I/O expander on it, syvecs sell them.

Aren't they like £800? :D

I was going to suggest that, Whifbitz sell them also.

I can't help but think why was this not all thought of before, by the people who sell this stuff?

They know it's Auto, they know it's DBW, they know you have the Cal, they know you want this and that, etc

To be fair, after discussing the ecu setup with several parties, I sourced it myself, so really the issue was my Naivety. At no point did I list out all the different things I wanted in one place, and I even bought the components at different times to take advantage of offers and discounts. :)

As for the DBW conversion, it's the only off the shelf conversion around at the moment. It's a very neat solution, and I know Ryan rates the Bosch DBW.

To be fair, after discussing the ecu setup with several parties, I sourced it myself, so really the issue was my Naivety.

Fair enough, but i'd still expect some advice from the people who you're spending money with to get the results before hand, not at the 11th hour during attempted mapping?

Just my view i suppose.

Does this compromise the traction control, if you only have one front and one rear wheel speed being monitored? ie. It'll know the relative speed front vs rear but won't know if only one of the front or rear wheels that isn't monitored loses traction.

As it doesn't limit power to individual wheels I don't think it matters..... as long as you have an LSD :D

As soon as rear slippage is noticed, it will be assumed it's from the rear axle in total so the power is cut.

Small update, the fuel pump has been swapped, and fuel pressure is spot on now. FMIC is fitted, and apparently Romain is going to have the car this afternoon to get the car driving properly with some road mapping, and it will be mapped next Tuesday all being well. :)

Apparently you can't fit an I/O expander to the S6 plus.

Plus, I wonder how that would compare price wise to an S12?

Are the Syvecs P&P looms compatible with the s8 and s12 models too?

Small update, the fuel pump has been swapped, and fuel pressure is spot on now. FMIC is fitted, and apparently Romain is going to have the car this afternoon to get the car driving properly with some road mapping, and it will be mapped next Tuesday all being well. :)

Stop tempting fate, all is and will be well :)

Dyno is great for numbers and ego massaging but as you have already said your main purpose with this build is on how it all pans out on the road as that where it matters. It will be nice to get some feedback, good luck :thumbs: