The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping day today with Ryan

Chris Bailey

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason for the remap was primarily to release more torque now that the car is fitted with the Boostlogic auto box.

Started the session with Ryan tinkering with launch characteristics to optimise torque lower down matching a bit more boost. Then went for a road session to optimise the torque and boost match and with a bit more tweaking the gear changing became frighteningly quick.

The numbers for the torque are as follows - at 1.8 bar it reached 640 ftlb which equals 868nm and at one point on the dyno it hit 700ftlb/950nm. As far as HP is concerned this was problematical because of the increases the wheels just kept spinning and couldn't get enough traction for a realistic reading which topped out at 570 hp with smoke coming from the tyres at that stage and then good old syvecs put everything into limp mode. But I have to say that at 3k revs torque is 350 ftlb and by 3500rpm it hits 520ftlb and Max's out at 640 ftlb at 3700 rpm. That in anybody's world is neck snapping and has transformed the car low down. I am delighted Ryan achieved what we wanted and it is definitely more of a beast. ;)

565.5bhp and 640lbft at 3700rpm...it feels savage on the road! On the dyno graphs you can see Ryan coming off and back on the throttle due to bad wheel spin. All in all a good day, got the drag map setup as we wanted, Ryan reckons it should pull a 1.6sec 60ft and we capable of a 10 second run.

The reason for the remap was primarily to release more torque now that the car is fitted with the Boostlogic auto box.

Started the session with Ryan tinkering with launch characteristics to optimise torque lower down matching a bit more boost. Then went for a road session to optimise the torque and boost match and with a bit more tweaking the gear changing became frighteningly quick.

The numbers for the torque are as follows - at 1.8 bar it reached 640 ftlb which equals 868nm and at one point on the dyno it hit 700ftlb/950nm. As far as HP is concerned this was problematical because of the increases the wheels just kept spinning and couldn't get enough traction for a realistic reading which topped out at 570 hp with smoke coming from the tyres at that stage and then good old syvecs put everything into limp mode. But I have to say that at 3k revs torque is 350 ftlb and by 3500rpm it hits 520ftlb and Max's out at 640 ftlb at 3700 rpm. That in anybody's world is neck snapping and has transformed the car low down. I am delighted Ryan achieved what we wanted and it is definitely more of a beast. ;)

Thats awesome mate :thumbs:

As Jamie said time for a hub Dyno ;) look forward to seeing it friday :D

Good results guys! Sounds like you need some wider wheels!

How does the LC handle it all?

Dean As its an auto we don't have launch control so as said Ryan was tinkering with boost and torque to enable us to build revs and get optimum launch balance.

Your probably right re wheels 275's were struggling oh the smell of burning rubber! Lol

Have I missed the dyno graph? :)

Great results chaps, a proper street weapon! We just need to sort you getting these drag wheels and then you can attack the strip :eyebrows:

No you have not missed it- will try and get something uploaded later as I know you like to keep your records up to date!

Great results John, you must be extremely happy with those figures :thumbs:

Thanks Mark

Yes we are pleased-always wanted the car to perform best in lower rev range rather than just outright top speed. Next decision will be the hard one do I change the cams from stock to 264's?