The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Extended Wheel Studs

Jellybean

Hi

I need some extended studs to fit a 20-25mm spacer , do you have any that suit?

• The OEM rear studs are 45mm long
  • The OEM Stud plain diameter shank next to the spline measures up at 13.7mm with the spline ranging from 14.08-14.18mm. (Pic Attached)
  • 12 X 1.5 thread pitch

The female splined part in the hub measures 13.8-14.0mm, so I dont want to try to press in a non-OEM stud and wipe out some of the female splines on the hub, resulting in the stud turning when you torque up your wheel nut

Would these Suit?

Length 63mm, Spline Diameter 14.3mm

http://www.murraymotorsport.com/products/grayston-replacement-wheel-studs-12mm-x-1-5-14-3

toyotaStud.jpg

Use ARP ones, I think Lee has them in stock.

I would but after reading Dans thread, you have to mod them or weld them, if you push them through it will wipe out some of the female splines on the hub, resulting in the stud turning when you torque up your wheel nut

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?245411-Fitting-ARP-Extended-Wheel-Studs&highlight=Arp+studs

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried Toyota Carlo? I was nearly sure they did extended studs, around £2 each rings a bell.

Never knew that! Will ask them

steve m is using arp ones and with his power going through them I think there the ones to get

Yep but dont fancy shelling out all that cash and having to machine them to get them to fit when you can get longer OEM fitment studs for 2 pound each

will mail Lee though to see how he fits them

I've fitted them to all my supras and my GTR, I've never had to mod anything or weld anything, they are a tight fit, as they should be.

I emailed Lee, maybe he uses a different part number to ARP-100-7715 thanks! Was just going by Dans thread

I asked Toyota too, their system does not indicate the length of studs so you would need a part number off another Toyota model that has longer studs than the OEM Supra 45mm and are OEM Supra in other dimensions

I just saw the other thread that you bumped Carlo, the extended ones that I bought were from a place in Belfast called Wheels R Us (not Toyota, sorry bud). I'm not sure if they have a website, but if you were to order some from them (they had to get them in as they weren't in stock in the shop) if there's any way I can help (eg go collect them and post them to you or whatever) just let me know mate.