The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mkivsupra.net awards 2005

Jake

Yep... I think Jake might be in with a chance for the funniest post this year, taking the crown from Ian's "Taken steps..." :D

Gaz.

It was VERY funny at the time.

"I see you have taken steps to keep/protect/cover your engine out of harms way in the workshop" or something like that ?

For this pic

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Rosie said I did this back in 2003. 'Twas fun but hard work and no-one could agree what format the voting should take. My advice would be to just pick a format and do it :)

As far as I recall, the categories were:

Funniest thread.

Funniest member.

Funniest avatar / username.

Most attractive member.

Most informative member.

Best Supra.

Best meet of the year.

I'll have a dig around my PC when I get home - maybe there were a few more.

Basically, the categories were suggested (I had a rule about no "negative" categories like "worst this or that") and then people were invited to nominate winners. The top nominees were then voted on.

It was fun but IMHO it wasn't very well supported. Maybe if there are real prizes this time around, it might be more interesting.

I like the idea of a few daft awards, I can think of a clear winner for the lamest joke award!

I'm hoping to be nominated for the most shameless plug award for members living in HK :ecstatic: Whilst I'm on the subject of plugs, did I mention that the Denso Iridiums are very cheap here?

This is where it was posted:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=12514

Can't find the original post with last years awards :(

Gaz.

Haha christ that was a good one, I'm impressed it's still remembered :D

I've been searching for another one I did which I personally think surpasses that but alas, it's gone. However I do think I still have the picture I posted at home :D See if you can guess what it is ;) (hint - it involved Rosie's car in it's early stages...)

-Ian

It was fun but IMHO it wasn't very well supported. Maybe if there are real prizes this time around, it might be more interesting.

I think you should do it again, 'cos you are so organised with spreadsheets and stuff, and you have the experience to make it better this time around! And put yer foot down on the categories and voting ;)

Nic's already volunteered a small prize :thumbs: top bloke.

-Ian

Jake, you won the award for the warmest welcoming member, of dyslexic newbies today, see [thread=45775]HERE[/thread]

:trophy:

I like this one... we get some illiterate newbie through the door, Jake takes the piss and a post later Nic's trying to flog him something.... that is the way things work around here..!