The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which is the best airline? (going to Dubai)

shaf

my mate who is a bar manager out in dubai keeps inviting me over for the past 18 months so i think it's about time i bit the bullet and packed my see-through suitcase.

just browsing flights and wondering which airline provider to go with. I have the usual choice but these ones are showing up as cheapest.

Gulf Air

Etihad

Royal Brunei (sounds good to me)

Qatar

KLM

Czech Airlines (errrrrr.....)

Alitalia

Austrian

Emirates

dont mind paying a bit more for a leggy air hostess to sit in my lap for most of the flight to relieve my impending jet lag :D

any ideas guys?

Im working in dubai, at the moment, and have traveled on most of the airlines,at the end of the day ive found you get what you pay for, and it depends if you want a direct flight or not, i used to take the cheap flights with all the stop overs, but after a while i got sick and tired of flying to and from heathrow and it taking forever, now i just pay the extra and my journeys over in 6 and half hours.

Gulf Air......ok, 1 stop off in muscat.

Etihad.........v.good and cheap, BUT they only fly to Abu Dhabi,then 1hr coach journey to Dubai.

Royal Brunei (sounds good to me)

Qatar

KLM.....not bad,nice staff, change over in frankfurt,nothing brilliant tho.

Czech Airlines (errrrrr.....)

Alitalia

Austrian

Emirates...quickest.,direct flight to dubai, nice staff, but way over priced.

Suprised it has taken you so long to come over, seein as your friend is a bar manager, i bet he's told you a few stories about what goes on here! whats the name of it, ive probably been there before.

cheers for that rush.

since im taking a 2 weeker, i dont mind going the long way round as i think part of the holiday is the actual getting there via the scenic route :)

emirates works out to be between £70 and £100 more than the cheaper ones.... just depends what i get for that extra money lol :D

dont know what bar he is the manager of, i'll text him now :D

edit: reason for not going over is financial and also the fact that i've had my fingers in too many pies over the past 18 months. things are beginning to settle down now, so i can finally turn my attention to going...... once i've sold my third car :lol:

In that case shaf, try Etihad, nice staff, very flirty, brilliant new planes, all seats are very spacious, good food, but like i said only to Abu dhabi, but the coach fare to dubai is included.

Theres loads to do here aswel, ive been skydiving 3 times, Jet skiing, go karting, parasailing, desert dune buggying,and loads more adventure stuff, as well as chilling on the beach and the err night life.

Welps.. they have to pay for that stadium one way or the other ;)

yep, fair point :p

rush - yeah i'm thinking etihad as it seems cheap but has a free coach tour too :D

by the way he works for the Outside Inn in Ajman, have you been there?

yep, fair point :p

rush - yeah i'm thinking etihad as it seems cheap but has a free coach tour too :D

by the way he works for the Outside Inn in Ajman, have you been there?

No i havent, Ajman is about 45 mins from Dubai, sort of out in the sticks, when you come to dubai give us a shout if you want, im usually free in the evenings, finish work about 8.30pm.

cheers mate.

http://www.airlinemeals.net - lets not forget the important stuff

http://www.airlinequality.com

hehehehe.... now thats what im talking about :D

No i havent, Ajman is about 45 mins from Dubai, sort of out in the sticks, when you come to dubai give us a shout if you want, im usually free in the evenings, finish work about 8.30pm.

cheers mate.

awesome dude, will do :D

• 1 month later...

well i've booked my flight, 10 days in dubai. i've also got free tickets to the rugby sevens tournament.... dont like rugby particularly but what the hell, it's free :D

decided to go british airways as they were cheap.... just hope their stewardesses are too :D

gonna fly out on 27th november from heathrow, happy days!