The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Giant Spiders!!!

Supragal

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind moths, but a month or 2 ago we had our french doors open and a giant dragon fly came in. Of course being the only male in the house hold i had to evacuate it from the building. Scary moment, but window open and magazine in hand and it was all over.

Anything fast scares me i think.

Yeah I remember that. Both me and your sister just coward in the corner. :ecstatic:

Guest Sakura

What about this poor woman? She was bitten by a BABY spider, which is why she survived, and now she has to worry about where in her house the other few thousand babies are...............growing in some dark corner somewhere until the survivors become huge and deadly! :hide:

I remember reading a few years ago about a woman who found a tarantula in a tropical pot plant she had bought. After it escaped, and she called in "experts" to trap it, it was finally found in her duvet cover - where it had just laid an egg sac with thousands of the little buggers just waiting to hatch. :scare:

I don't really mind spiders unless they suddenly jump out and suprise me :eek2: I had one bite me on my elbow here when I brushed past a web on the way to my car one morning. Didn't notice it at the time but my elbow had swelled up to the size of melon by the afternoon.

See a spider in the bath- I normaly get a lighter, and a can of lynx (do not do this ina plastic bath!), let the little fucker run a round the bath screaming, before curling up and getting flushed down the drain.

I saw a dude on the tv handling a Goliath spider a while ago- he needed two hands just to hold it! (13inches across). Oh and an aussie told me a Funnel Web can bite through your big toe nail!

I am NEVER goin to Honk Kong!!!!

It's not that bad really the geckos eat most of the spiders in the house. It's the cockroaches that really sh*t me up :hide:

Oh and then there's the snakes, came back in the car late one night and there was a 10ft python slithering down the road with a fat belly. Also last year my next door neighbours 2 dogs, made the mistake of picking a fight with a king cobra. King cobra +2/Dogs -2 :(

It's not that bad really the geckos eat most of the spiders in the house. It's the cockroaches that really sh*t me up :hide:

Oh and then there's the snakes, came back in the car late one night and there was a 10ft python slithering down the road with a fat belly. Also last year my next door neighbours 2 dogs, made the mistake of pic a fight with a king cobra. King cobra +2/Dogs -2 :(

And here I am worried about my Staffie having a fight with a Fox!

Those squirrels can be mean little f***ers :D

actually my sister ended up in hospital once because a squirrel bit her, straight through to the bone was proper nasty. Best part was she chose to come into the house after it happened but was shaking her hand coz it hurt... so sprayed blood all over the white halls and up the staircase. Mum was not imporessed.

Spiders and urban myths go hand in hand and I've seen the two in this thread quite a few times before. So:

1. 'We swallow an average of eight spiders in our sleep each year', as someone pointed out early on, is a myth. IIRC this statistic was originally concocted by a journalist specifically to find out if people would believe outrageous facts sent round via email Obviously, it succeeded betond his wildest dreams, because I've heard this from everyone and his mother.

2. 'Camel spiders'. Alarm bells should start ringing when you see any arthropod apparently that size - there are limits to growth on creepy-crawlies for many reasons, including the inability to get oxygen to their tissues. And no arthropod is going to run at 50mph.

The story of the camel spiders is covered on National Geographic here . It turns out that they are about 6" across. It says on the site that the photo is a fake, but it's not really - it's just a false perspective. All the claims about feeding etc are flat out false, though.

Cliff

4 things in this world scare the hell out of me: -

1. Spiders :scare:

2. Clowns :run:

3. Cheese :moo:

4. Cider :friday:

Spiders being the top of that list ... They suck :giveup: ! There was a gargantuan one in the bath the other day, and it was like it had shoes on. Every time it ran about you just heard click, click, clickety click ... shudder!

The very reason that the electric automatic BB gun was invented was for the safe, long range, eradication of spiders. Works a treat!

My Mum is scared of worms!!! WTF ... you don't wake up in the middle of the night with a worm on the ceiling!! Worms don't chase you around the room at warp 9 like spiders do either!!

Mind you ... we have a couple of these (look at her evil little face), and they seek out and destroy spiders like guided missiles

http://www.bouncingbullet.com/cute.jpg

Cheers, J :D