The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Giant Spiders!!!

Supragal

The Dyson has been our saviour but it's getting to the point now where I'm scared to go into the bedroom/s as I'm convinced one of the buggers will be in there.

There is a far larger beast in my bedroom :D

I dont mind spiders, they are pretty harmless, I DO hate moths to the point I have a phobia and run out of the room screaming, its a fooking nightmare in the summer and the missus hates it because I never let her open any of the windows at night where the light is on. :rolleyes:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually on a slightly more serious note Supragal, that part of Hampshire is bad for big, ugly spiders. When I lived in Petersfield, we had exactly the same problem (And _loads_ of ants too). We've moved further west (Winchester) and get hardly any housespiders, mainly because we have loads of Spindly spiders (http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/spider/pholcus1.html), which apparently eat all the others, despite looking like a good gust of wind would blow them to bits.

Because they look so crap, we can live with them in the house :D

It's a climate thing apparenty - it's warmer further west...

I don't mind being called a girl.................:D

I'm sure you don't...so it's perfectly acceptable behaviour for you.

Just don't be surprised if men try to score bonus 'man points' by deliberately scaring you with sppiders...it's like playing burglar (farting under the covers, then holding your loved one's head under) - it's just a demonstration of affection, man-style :)

http://davidmichaelkennedy.com/blog/images/heather%20banana%20spider.jpg

(Banana Spider)

There are load of banana trees around here where I live, so see these spiders quite a lot and they are huge.

I was out mountaining biking a few years ago going down a single track and noticed a HUGE yellow web across the trqck, with one of these sat in the middle, couldn't stop in time and went straight through the web looked down and the spider was sat in the middle of my chest :eek: I absolutely cr*pped it, threw myself off my bike and ripped my t-shirt off :eek2: :run:

Actually on a slightly more serious note Supragal, that part of Hampshire is bad for big, ugly spiders. When I lived in Petersfield, we had exactly the same problem (And _loads_ of ants too). We've moved further west (Winchester) and get hardly any housespiders, mainly because we have loads of Spindly spiders (http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/spider/pholcus1.html), which apparently eat all the others, despite looking like a good gust of wind would blow them to bits.

Because they look so crap, we can live with them in the house :D

It's a climate thing apparenty - it's warmer further west...

:eek:

right. selling it.

I'm sure you don't...so it's perfectly acceptable behaviour for you

Yep, I'm a girl and I'm scared of spiders and I don't mind saying that

Just don't be surprised if men try to score bonus 'man points' by deliberately scaring you with sppiders...it's like playing burglar (farting under the covers, then holding your loved one's head under) - it's just a demonstration of affection, man-style :)

I won't be. James also scares me with stuff like that. :p

There are load of banana trees around here where I live, so see these spiders quite a lot and they are huge.

I was out mountaining biking a few years ago going down a single track and noticed a HUGE yellow web across the trqck, with one of these sat in the middle, couldn't stop in time and went straight through the web looked down and the spider was sat in the middle of my chest :eek: I absolutely cr*pped it, threw myself off my bike and ripped my t-shirt off :eek2: :run:

thats it! i'm never going abroad again

:cry: :run: :hide: i friggin hate spiders, if there's a spider in the room, i leave!!

Regarding this debate about spiders falling into baths. I don't doubt that is how it happens but I also recall a tv show where they flushed a spider down a plughole only to watch it climb back up the overflow pipe.

Which, I think, proves that they are malevolent, spiteful mofos who must be detroyed before they crawl up my bottom and lay eggs in me while I sleep. Next time I find one, I'm burning the whole place down. I need to be sure.

As for moths. We had three HUGE moths in our bathroom a few nights back. A good inch and a half long and about as thick as my little finger. What do you do against an advesary like that? Leave it and it'll eat you while you sleep but crushing is about the grossest thing I can think of.

Thankfully a dual attack of AutoGlym chamois and sponge got one of them out the window. Couldn't convince the other two so left them until morning. However, with bathroom door shut they were nowhere to be found. What evil, Satanic little b**tards they are. We looked and looked but they had vanished. We've now bricked up the bathroom and poop into a bucket, just to be safe.

Wimp :D

..............just kidding. don't you have to hunt it down to make sure you got rid of it? :sly:

It ain't just spiders, hate wasps/bees more! won't go near any of the fookers!!! And ignorance is bliss....or just let a mate come round and hope they scare the spiders off :p

Moths aren't as bad, the thing that really annoys me about them is that they're dead noisy when they fly into things! i turn the bathroom light on, let them fly in there, open the window, close the door and turn the light off. Bastards gone by the mornin :D comes back the next night though, maybe it's time to get a gun? :shrug:

It ain't just spiders, hate wasps/bees more! won't go near any of the fookers!!! And ignorance is bliss....or just let a mate come round and hope they scare the spiders off :p

Moths aren't as bad, the thing that really annoys me about them is that they're dead noisy when they fly into things! i turn the bathroom light on, let them fly in there, open the window, close the door and turn the light off. Bastards gone by the mornin :D comes back the next night though, maybe it's time to get a gun? :shrug:

I'm the same. Although moths don't seem to bother me at all which is most bizarre. Bees are just as evil as Wasps, I don't care what people say......................