The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Giant Spiders!!!

Supragal

Do you mean if Matt isn't scared? hmmm. Without meaning to lose him too many man points... he's as bad as me!!!! It's a team effort. One holds the nozzle of the dyson and one does the on/off power else the entire curtain gets sucked up.

And yes, a shoe??? hahaaa no way, my heart rate goes through the roof when I'm trying to get them with a 4ft dyson nozzle I'd never get "shoe" close. Plus I wouldn't want a mess on the new carpets :innocent:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could well jump up at you and start eating your face................................. :thumbdown

LMAO :clap:

There were loads last year but not so many this year in my house - last year I remember going up stairs with Zoe close behind, and there were 3 on the landing just sitting there - the big bugger house spiders!! I said she might want to go back downstairs but obviously she then wanted to know why!

I'm scared of them as well but not so much that I can't go up and whack the bejesus out of them with whatever's to hand!

Camel Spider - The spider can run at 50 mph and jump 6 feet in the air. Highly Aggressive and has been known to attack humans. It attaches itself to the camels armpit (near leg joint) and bites, which instantly numbs the spot so the camel doesn't know its there. The infection from the venom spreads (much like the brown recluse spider of the U.S.), allowing the spider to eat away at the camels flesh until the owner of the camel notices. Nasty and uh,.... not harmless.

well, thats just about the MOST horrific thing i've heard. :(]

I wouldn't stand a chance against that bad boy

:littled:

ha ha you never know it could happen [eating your face that is] - Suprastar makes my point. :D

I have on one occasion when one ran up my wall, ran next door and got one of my neighbours to extract it, my moto being it can eat their head and not mine :p :Pling:

:shrug: Ge, THANKS :( So your saying I have a face that looks like its been half eaten by a fookin huge giant spider :complain:

LOL ;)

Do you mean if Matt isn't scared? hmmm. Without meaning to lose him too many man points... he's as bad as me!!!! It's a team effort. One holds the nozzle of the dyson and one does the on/off power else the entire curtain gets sucked up.

Yeah.... not a huge fan of spiders to be honest. I don't mind stacking the odd small one with a shoe, and I did catch one in a glass recently and see it safety off the property. However the ones Rosie is referring too are fooking large, and pretty quick on their feet also. So approaching them with a shoe is a no in case they leap on your face, go up your nose, and take over your brain, lay eggs, etc. Bless the extendable sucker dude on the Dyson.

Not keen on them either, during my time in Australia remember seeing the nasty little White tail spider. This little sod can actually kill flesh if you get a reaction to the bite and has even meant amputations for the unlucky few.

Scarily its only tiny as well :scare:

Lee had to remove a bigen last night as we were going out of the door. I don't mind them, but if someone else can move it's better, but if I have to do then I will, certainly won't pick the house spider up again after being bitten by one. I will look at it as I do find them interesting. :tumble: Use to have a chill rose, evil cow she was - never again.

Anyone elses skin crawling as they read this??? :scare:

I'm not scared of spiders, but the little buggers do make me jump when they run towards your feet! (Worried they'll run up my leg i guess!?)

Went to do a viewing on a flat last week with this Lituanian girl, and was showing her the bathroom, and next thing i know, she screams, turns round and jumps on me! :p

Spider in the bath! But, the plug was one of those ones with a plunger top on it, and this thing was massive! The span of its legs was about a good cm larger then the plug hole, regardless of the fact that the plug had a plunger top on it! How did it get through the hole and up into the bath in the first place! Didn't look possible to me! :shrug:

Anyway, got a 'kind of' cuddle from a gorgeous Lituanian in the process, so hooray for spiders! :clap:

I got rid of one that was hanging on the curtain in the bedroom, after i had cleaned my self up from soiling my self from the sgock of how big it was I had to use the coffee pot to get it in as the glass wasnt big enough.

Have to say that on the hole they dont bother me but this one was horrible, was able to look into its eyes (almost lol)

Is there any thing they dont like, like certian smells ect, any thing to stop them comming in the house :(

regardless of the fact that the plug had a plunger top on it! How did it get through the hole and up into the bath in the first place! Didn't look possible to me! :shrug:

QUOTE]

Spider DONT come up the plug hole this is not true !!! how could it get around the U bend that is full of water. It has been proven that they cant do it, normally they fall into the bath/sink ect by mistake and just cant get the grip to get out.

Saying that they do go down the plug hole very well lol :read:

They can squeeze through the smallest of gaps. As we watch a fair size one walking along the wall, and then disappeared up a crack in the wall into the loft. . So getting up plug holes are not challenge and they can swim. Horrible things really hiding away in the dark corners of your house or on that bit of clothing and they make you eat them in your sleep :scare: But interesting

Taken from http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/articles/nitemr3.html

:rtfm:

"Spiders in the bath

It's happened to you too, eh? You have a long day at the office or at home with the kids, and decide to have a nice warm bath or shower to relax. But when you get to the bathroom, our little friend the spider has beaten you to it! Well it's no good keeping the plug in the bath. Contrary to popular myth, they don't come up the plug hole. The spider is unable to swim through the water trapped in the pipe. If you find a spider in the bath, it fell in there, probably from the ceiling, or while skirting around the edge. Please do not drown it - go and get the glass, and put it outside. "

:rtfm:

LOL i think spiders are great, ALL of the native uk spiders are totally harmless.

oh and all of that stuff about the camel spiders is a fantastic work of fiction writen to wind up military personel on their way to the gulf :D

have you not seen arachnophia???? Evil ones can hitch rides in bananas and then mate with "harmless" house spiders and before you know it you have men eating mutant spiders..................... :p