The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA-T with Greddy Emanage Blue, Jumper Settings?

Erick

Hi,

I've put a turbo kit on a 1993 Supra mkiv na 2jz-ge JDM, and also installed a Greddy Emanage Blue i got from Garage Whifbitz.

I also have the Greddy 3 bar map sensor installed to vacuum and cable connected to the Emanage.

The wiring seems to work as it should, we can change both fuel and ignition. Car runs fine.

But we still have fuel cut at about 0,1-0,2 bar. And I have no clue how to remove this.. :(

Does anybody know how to remove the fuel cut? Also what the jumper settings should be in the Emanage? The included manual I got with the Emanage was in Japanese and I just cant understand it :innocent: So I've been searching forums and google for days just to be able to do the wiring correctly.. :)

If you have any experience of Emanage on a NA-T or know someone that does, please write or reffer to this thread! Thank you :)

When I got it all running, I will post up a complete schematic to this thread to help others. :)

Thanks.

Erick, Sweden.

not sure on the blue as i think most guys here use the ultimate, i think you need to be a paid up member to go into the comunities section. But in there is the EMU jumper settings which may help you.

As for fuel cut at 0.1-2 bar are you sure the stock map sensor isnt seeing more than 1 bar? on the EMU we set a map clamp voltage to stop this happening.

Looks a nice clean install though, fellow NA-T ers will be here shortly!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, i see you are a paid member- look for the club NA-T group in comunities

Thanks for your reply,

I've done the built myself, no plug and play kit, all parts separately bought. So I hope it will run well.. :)

I'm unfortionatly not a paid member so I can't access that forum :(

I've read that somehow the EMB can clamp voltage as well, but I don't know how to do it :/

Edited by Erick (see edit history)

2-4-1 rings a bell. 2 is number of ignition channel -1 & 4 & 1 are the NA map sensor for a AW11 MR2 so it should be the same voltage range for a NA Supra. But i would strongly recommend you do more research on the web using this info as a guide and if you find some corroborating info give it a try. I don't think getting it wrong will damage the e-manage but I would disable the fuel pump before you try it and use a timing light to confirm you have the correct ignition settings. You will now if you have the map sensor right as it will show 0 MGP (or 100/1.00 MAP) in the software at key on (not running). A MityVac is a very handy tool for testing map sensor ranges v's voltages.

Lyndon.

Get yourself a full membership beat £10 you will spend one your supra

:)

Done now, should be activated in an hour it said :)

edit yes its the boost cut voltage but i am unsure of the values

Thanks :) i hope someone has the answer what voltages I should put in :)

I also got a reply from Garage whifbitz about jumper settings that I'll try in the car tomorrow!

Rotary

7-4-0

Jumpers

JP1 1/2

JP2 2/3

JP3 1/2

JP4 2/3

JP5 Open

JP6 Open

JP7 1/2

I would say the rotary switches is not what I thought it should be.. But Im a newbie in engine managements!

Spec list is as follows:

2JZ-GE NA-T

GT35R

a/r 0.70 anti-surge compressor

a/r 0.68 exhaust

Braided oil-line to the turbo with 2mm restrictor

20mm oil return for the turbo

Stainless exhaust manifold with T4-flange and v-band for the wastegaten (manifold a bit modified)

Tial 38mm wastegate with screampipe

900x600 front mounted intercooler

2.5" intercooler piping custom made

3" stainless steel downpipe with flex

3" de-cat with v-band flanges

3" stainless steel exhaust cat back

K&N airfilter and 3" piping to turbo

SARD Fuel Preassure Regulator

Greddy Oljecatchtank

HKS SSQV4 BOV

10-row oilcooler via sandwichplate

Silicone hoses from do88.se

Automatic gearbox original, except 10-row oilcooler for the gearbox oil

Maybe I should put up a project thread in the project section? I have tons of pictures from the build that may be of interest and help for someone. :)

Your fuel cut might be because the stock MAP sensor is seeing positive pressure. It's an NA engine, it's not supposed to see boost. If you've tapped into the MAP sensor wire you should be able to datalog it:

Run a datalog recording and go and hit fuel cut.

Look at the MAP sensor voltage where you hit fuel cut. This will tell you around what voltage, probably in the region of 4.5v, that it takes place.

Set the anti-fuel cut map to just under that voltage.

Go out and try again.

Obviously if you go onto boost you'll need the GReddy MAP sensor hooked up and some additional injector fuel to deal with the positive boost, or you'll melt a piston :)

Thanks for your replys, It really helps me out! :)

We do have the greddy map sensor connected :)

I clamped the air flow voltage to 4.48 v thru all revs, and tadaa. fuel cut is now gone! I use rotary and jumper settings as I posted above, and it seems to work.

We've puted in a safe map with lots of fuel to start with, and about -1 degree ignition per 0.1 bar boost, and it seems to work quite fine.

We've been out running some pulls now and next step is to take the wastegate apart and adjust the spring, since the boost now wants to go far beyond 1 bar :blink: and we only want 0.6 bar since we're still on standard injectors and head gasket.

I will post up a complete list of settings and wiring diagram when we got everything running 100% :) And hopefully help other fellow forum members with their na-t's :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
Guest ccoombsy

Hi I am doing the exact same install . Do you have a wiring diagram as I don't have a plug and play harness just the hard wire one. I also have brought a greddy 2 bar map sensor which plugs straight in to the piggy back but do I just disconnect the wiring going to the standard one on the intake.

Hi I am doing the exact same install . Do you have a wiring diagram as I don't have a plug and play harness just the hard wire one. I also have brought a greddy 2 bar map sensor which plugs straight in to the piggy back but do I just disconnect the wiring going to the standard one on the intake.

Go into the N/A-T group pages and there are instructions on how to fit a map sensor, think its 3 bar though.

Rotary dials

1)

1 coil (distributor) 3 cyl

2 - 1 coil (distributor) 4 cyl

3 - 2 coil (wasted spark) 4 cyl

4 - 4 coil (coil on plug) 4 cyl

5 - 1 coil (distributor) 6 cyl

6 - 3 coil (wasted spark) 6 cyl

7 - 6 coil (coil on plug) 6 cyl

A - Wankel 13B-REW

B - Wankel 13B

C - Wankel 20B-REW

2 & 3)

20 = HotWire 1

21 = HotWire 2

22 = HotWire 3

23 = HotWire 4

24 - HotWire 5

25 = HotWire 6

40 = Pressure 1

41 = Pressure 2

42 = Pressure 3

47 = Flap 1

48 = Flap 2

49 = Flap 3

49 = Flap 4

By rights it should be 5-4-2

VVTi Supra is 6-4-1

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)