The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2014 - 16th, 17th and 18th May 2014 - Spa Weekend CHAT THREAD

Branners

Me it was gearbox failure pretty good service with AA but I kept on bugging them getting my car all sorted now

Car broke down 1pm Friday lunchtime got back home 6.30 Saturday morning 4 towtrucks 1 ferry looked after us very well had to pay for ferry but only £35 which claimed back only left it late as ferry was very cheap after midnight but all timings were great with the AA

wow that is a good service considering your was not in the uk,

on a side note thats the only problem with these 500+ single turbo's the box will let go at some point its just when ;) hope you get it fix soon boxes come up cheap often enough

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cancelled my AA membership a few years back because I get free RAC cover through work. Reading all this, it might be worth paying out for the AA again!

It's a bit of a gamble though. If I only ever need to use it once or twice, I could probably put up with it and save the money.

Not a house, then, Rosie...? ;)

So why is RAC so bad and so money hungry? Well - RAC was flogged off to Aviva ages ago. I had the misfortune of working on the account looking after their decrepit IT infrastructure (all single point of failures, mostly NT4 for gods sake). This was in the server room that had the aircon fail to the point a Cable&Wireless engineer burned his hand on cabling (see The Register article below for the corporate lies lol). It then had a fire which set off the sprinkler system. Yes, it was a water based sprinkler system in a server room. Aviva, as ever, made everyone who knew anything about RAC redundant and replaced them with offshore indians, which went as well as you'd expect. Then when it mysteriously went down the pan, flogged the lot off again to some other asset stripping company. I cancelled my insurances with them within a couple of weeks of being on the account, but I couldn't say anything publicly while working on it :(

Here's the article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/23/rac_data_centre_outage_bristol/

"the cause of the cock-up is unknown" - lies, we knew full well what it was, a culmination of neglect and lack of spending for maintenance = blown aircon and no monitoring or alarms :)

"RAC spokesperson denied suggestions that staff had been hurt by overheating servers" - lies, I spoke to the C&W guy on the phone who burned his hand :)

Aviva are the under writers of my supra insurance ! should I be worried ?

The AA take the pi55 when its renewal time if you have the UK breakdown cover, new

members get a good deal but old members who have been there years just get shafted.

It works pretty much the same as car insurance, stay loyal and pay more and by a

considerable amount.

£99 for a new member now and my renewal was i think over £170, that was over

3 years ago. I called and said they were taking the pee politely and said i will go

to Greenflag or someone else, i got put on hold for a bit then got the cover reduced

to the new member price, they wouldn't do it the next year so i left.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Well folks, I had an amazing time on this Dragonball. Everything worked out pretty much as planned, even the road closures added to the fun of the event (although I had a few choice words when I found that road closed on Friday).

Our inability to read the signs in Nieuwpoort really paid dividends, the seafront would have been packed otherwise, we just rolled up, parked up and the crowds appeared.

I was standing near the cars (not in club uniform I should state) and 2 policemen walked up and said 'Toyota?', I shook my head and said no...so they may have tried to move us on. The 4 policemen Bob approached didnt seem to mind though.

The roads from Spa were the best I have been on, apart from the pushbikes they were mostly clear, the little villages all came out to see the cars and the crowds in the town with the bridge were amazing.

This has been the best Dragonball for me so far, it was a little jaded after last year but this event has restored all of our faith in the DB franchise!!

I would like to thank Wile e Coyote for covering the Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning legs at the front.

I would also liek to thank the Brussels town for putting on a Gay Pride evening especially for Burna, and putting on the Brussels Marathon on the Sunday so we had to go direct to teh beach. It all worked out perfectly.

Planning for next year already. Got a few ideas saved up, but Rotterdam got the most surprising response I could imagine so the decision may have been made for me.

I've gone off Gay Pride, there were sooo many fit girls wearing next to nothing in town on Saturday night, but they only liked kissing each other, pure torture :( lol

And.... ROTTERDAAAAAAAAAM!!!!! :D

Doesn't matter where we go. You are being clingfilmed to a lamppost with your nuts out...!!

Hi evereybody!

Just wanted to say i really enjoyed driving along with all your lovely Supra's (+1 GTR) yesterday! Hope guys you didn't mind me joining the pack with my Yamaha, i just got seduced by all the beautiffull asses i guess :). Could someone please give me a link to the facebook page so i can enjoy some pics/clips of your trip?

CHaps, we have popped this gentleman on a years membership as a thank you for the work he did in keeping the small bit of the convoy together.

Hope to see them on Db15 next year.

CHaps, we have popped this gentleman on a years membership as a thank you for the work he did in keeping the small bit of the convoy together.

That is a lovely gesture JB! :thumbs:

That kind of thing just wouldn't happen here, really great guy !!

Didn't have my police car this year or it would :D

That guy on the bike was brilliant,we got to a junction and he was there blocking traffic for us. The waited for him to come up through to do the same thing at the next junction :) big thanks from us. Hope he can offer his services again . We were wondering how we could get hold of him to give him a medal .