Dragonball 2014 - 16th, 17th and 18th May 2014 - Spa Weekend CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep I got back about 5ish monday afternoon after hours of utter fecking bad service from the RAC!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to keep calling them to find out what was happening??? anyway really long story cut short.

1) I brought RAC gold cover before I left just incase as it was the best they had on sale on the internet

2) We called them and THEY said I have a policy limet of £1500 with phone calls keeps changing down to 600 euros that they would pay!!

3) We got picked up after calling at 9am at 1ish just to be dumped in some hotel that was stuck the back of bayroute!! the tow truck driver said he will NOT!! leave the car at the hotel as it NOT SAFE!!!!! but he will lock the car in his building over night

4) There was no one at the hotel and we all had to wait there 20 mins for someone to let us in after the tow truck driver called them to find out where they was!!

5) I then had to pay 145 euro for the room to find out the hotel dose not serve any food!!!! and has not even got tea or coffee in the hotel rooms!!!!! so we could not even eat or drink what a utter joke!!

6) found somewhere to get a pizza and chips and even that was a poxy mission 50 mins after order taken we was served and to make you lot laugh even more we was the only fecking 2 in the shop!!!!

7) On way back to hotel looking at the cars there was not a straight pannel on one of them and top it off a C220 merc with the drivers window smached out of it and glass everywhere

8) This was only sunday LOL!!!

9) Now Monday morning we had we phone the RAC yet again to again find out what was happening with us and the car!! And was told We had to pay 764.50 euros to the RAC to pick my sack of $hit car up and us so we could just be taken to the tunnel and not back to england!!

10) We was so pi$$ed off I had to call to use a card as I just had enuff and wanted to go home so we could pay this bill

11) we payed to cost of 764.50 euros to the RAC at 9.30ish and found out from the tow truck driver on way back that he was still phoning them at gone 11 to see if he was still picking us up and doing the job??

12 When he did turn up first time he had a truck with 3 seats but this time he turned up with a truck with 2 seats oh and a fecking beanbag wedged in the middle of the seats and this was how we got back to the tunnel!!!

So if you ever take out RAC GOLD european cover just wipe your arse with it as this is the service you will get!! they go from £1500 to £800 to £600 to them only paying 600 euros!!!!

treat you like crap!! speak to you like your thick!! or give you the option that you can have a car to use to get home via the ferry as you have to leave the car at the docks and you go as a foot passenger and make your own travel arangements back in the uk OH AND THIS IS ALL AT YOUR OWN COSTS!!!! and the car will be dropped off in the uk to a address you state OH BUT THIS CAN TAKE 2-3 WEEKS AT THE EARLYIEST!!!! This service is just a utter utter joke

I am having a good friend draft me a right snotty letter so I can complain but just want you guys and girls to know just how BAD there service is if you had or will ever use there service

Little rant over now guys lol but so much thanks to everyone that tryed to help me home but a much bigger thanks to branners and the very long hours the people but into making this trip again!!

Hope to see you all about soon :)

Think I'll cancel my RAC after reading that.

My RAC cover promised me the world, and it was only via my bank account. £100 IF I had to call them out, and that would cover up to £1500 which would include repatriation to the UK.

Sounds like a proper ball ache mate. Definately try and get the money back out of them, and your membership fee.

Using their top European cover i don't see how they can alter the cover you get. I just

filled out their form and this is what you get, no mention of Gold cover.

The cost of your car to be repatriated is up to the market value of your car, you inc your

passengers get up to £1500 to get you home, the spec as below which i did on my

supras reg for 3 people going to Belgium next weekend 5 days total

https://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover/european-breakdown-cover/get-a-quote?jid=3I7PKTNLl%2b6BAAwmjU4Cy7XV8RiJNIqqdZgc6IqVMMC%2fBsQwWivGHLDt9iwx7NwK

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

When I spoke to them, they began by saying it was the market value of the car, until they realised it was over 11 years old.

Clearly states that on the European cover form i filled in which is the only awkward bit can i see, on my

car i had agreed value insurance so whether that would be enough to show the cars market value i

don't know.

Another thing that i didn't know was French Motorways/Autoroutes are privately run and the RAC won't recover you from one if you breakdown or have an accident on one, or if your in the service areas.

The AA''s T&C's regarding the vehicles repatriation are the same and the cost

covered is up to the vehicles market value.

The AA's passenger cover is £300 less for travel costs

We took out the AA cover and luckily didn't need to use it. I don't think there are many that will bring the car straight back. They collect a number of cars on a transporter and then bring them all back a week or so later. Presumably with some damage that was there when they collected it.

Sorry to hear your pain Alan.

We took out the AA cover and luckily didn't need to use it. I don't think there are many that will bring the car straight back. They collect a number of cars on a transporter and then bring them all back a week or so later. Presumably with some damage that was there when they collected it.

Sorry to hear your pain Alan.

Pretty much what they all would do and pot luck if it got damaged or not in the process, the trouble

is any other route is going to cost silly money and still fraught with your car possibly being damaged.

There isn't a limit on European breakdown cover from what i can see, the catch is the market value

is dictated by them which is how much they will spend getting you and your car home.

It's all in the T & C's and gives them lots of room to wriggle

Put your reg in we buy any car dot com and that's about how they will value it by the look

of it

Sorry but what happened to lui ?

Me it was gearbox failure pretty good service with AA but I kept on bugging them getting my car all sorted now

Car broke down 1pm Friday lunchtime got back home 6.30 Saturday morning 4 towtrucks 1 ferry looked after us very well had to pay for ferry but only £35 which claimed back only left it late as ferry was very cheap after midnight but all timings were great with the AA

Edited by lui (see edit history)

Guest Budz86
There isn't a limit on European breakdown cover from what i can see, the catch is the market value

is dictated by them which is how much they will spend getting you and your car home.

It's all in the T & C's and gives them lots of room to wriggle

Put your reg in we buy any car dot com and that's about how they will value it by the look

of it

Ah right. I should have read them more carefully!

Me it was gearbox failure pretty good service with AA but I kept on bugging them getting my car all sorted now

Car broke down 1pm Friday lunchtime got back home 6.30 Saturday morning 4 towtrucks 1 ferry looked after us very well had to pay for ferry but only £35 which claimed back only left it late as ferry was very cheap after midnight but all timings were great with the AA

This makes my blood boil!!!!!! I been with the rac over 15 years with my mum as joint cover and never ever used them in this time as could sort it my self or by a mate with a small tow truck and to call once!! when the poo hit the fan to get treated like total scum and take out a small morgauge to pay the money grabbing f@*k pigs to bring me and the car back is a joke!!!!

And then to find out on the internet that the rac are being investergated about lots of cases like mine by the dont get done get dom tv show just shows that there service is crap to everyone not just my bad luck so be very carfully when looking for next year guys!!!!

As for me I have had a letter writen up for me by a friend who is very good at wording legal letters stating how bad there service has been from start to finsh and pointed out that they failed to even provied the very basics of human rights with putting us in a hotel with no food or water at all etc etc so hope something comes of this as its bening sent to dom's tv show,rac complaints department, trading standards etc but even if i get nothing back at all just telling all you guys and girls so you dont end up like this and paying a arm and a leg is somthing!!!

I made a point of asking the RAC what happens in certain situations. The only thing that'd have cost me any extra is breaking down on a french motorway, but they'd reimburse me should I have to pay for recovery. They also said that they guarantee'd that repatriation back to the UK would be covered, so long as it was under £1500.

If I'd broken down and they'd treated me like they did Alan, I'd have been straight onto watchdog, after I'd found the lying little scroat that told me the above and rammed a tilt 'n' slide recovery truck up his bot bot.

Might come next year in a recovery truck... :D

Thanks hun it was bad but im still alive and the car is back in my garage and not in some gypo's garage in belgium having the life rev'ed out of it.

It was really good talking to you and hope to see you at some meets or shows again :)

Glad to hear it. Ditto :) I'm intending to get to some more events now and I've started the saving plan for my next Supe!

Not a house, then, Rosie...? ;)

So why is RAC so bad and so money hungry? Well - RAC was flogged off to Aviva ages ago. I had the misfortune of working on the account looking after their decrepit IT infrastructure (all single point of failures, mostly NT4 for gods sake). This was in the server room that had the aircon fail to the point a Cable&Wireless engineer burned his hand on cabling (see The Register article below for the corporate lies lol). It then had a fire which set off the sprinkler system. Yes, it was a water based sprinkler system in a server room. Aviva, as ever, made everyone who knew anything about RAC redundant and replaced them with offshore indians, which went as well as you'd expect. Then when it mysteriously went down the pan, flogged the lot off again to some other asset stripping company. I cancelled my insurances with them within a couple of weeks of being on the account, but I couldn't say anything publicly while working on it :(

Here's the article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/23/rac_data_centre_outage_bristol/

"the cause of the cock-up is unknown" - lies, we knew full well what it was, a culmination of neglect and lack of spending for maintenance = blown aircon and no monitoring or alarms :)

"RAC spokesperson denied suggestions that staff had been hurt by overheating servers" - lies, I spoke to the C&W guy on the phone who burned his hand :)

Edited by Ian C (see edit history)