Dragonball 2014 - 16th, 17th and 18th May 2014 - Spa Weekend CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have stopped trying to work. Just been challenged by a senior manager as to why and how much it was costing for the DB stuff!

Oops! Hehe

I've done about 30 pages in the satnav thread. But people will have to print it themselves. My printer ran out of ink printing it though so how good it is I don't know :)

My car is back and from the Bodyshop with front wings bumper and sills all painted. But something isn't right with it. It stalls at very low revs. It starts then stalls immediately unless I give it some throttle which means I can't reverse it off my drive without rolling backwards in neutral then starting it. Then when I get down the road and turn the corner and dip the clutch it stalls again. Then again at the roundabout. But after 5 mins it's ok. But it's a right pain in the arse. I'm having it looked at at 8:30 tomorrow

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Complications were hit and mine still isn't back from mapping, it's getting VERY touch and go.

Can't believe that after not driving the car for a year and a half and doing all the single work, it comes down to this.

I still have work to do to it and hoping to pick it up tomorrow night as I can't get tomorrow off work, then it's doing an all nighter on the car before setting off Thursday. Do NOT expect me to be in a jolly mood, especially if I'm in the MR2 :D

Race Dyno Tuning, Will who is doing it is very talented and methodical so I know it's going to be right but there has been issues like the MAP sensor getting erratic fluctuations, so this has been fed straight to the ECU rather than the stock loom, the plug and play loom had been altered so has needed to be re-altered, he's plumbed a MAC boost solenoid direct to the Motec as well as it wasn't great using the HKS boost controller alongside the Motec.

The really annoying thing is that this map is not going to be at its full potential due to delays from MVP getting my clutch here..........then guess what turned up yesterday, but not enough time to do the clutch so I'll just go careful for the first two days then give it hell on the way back when I'm not as bothered about breaking the clutch.

I am doing a mini booklet of the maps, with 1 copy per car! It will never be up to an Ellis production, but at least you will have something.

nice one steve can i grab one of you friday morning please .:)

I have had a right nightmare last few days :( as some of you have seen from my facebook.

the heatermatrix leaked the other day and my car got very hot- cut a long story short i got her home and had to top the rad up but i was lucky in the fact i was 2 miles from home.

thank god bignum had a spare heater matrix and lives very local to me and a local garage had a tow truck to take the car in and repalce the heater matrix (dash out job) the car is all done now and ready to go.

edit - also my outfit is all done and dusted and the main tog is all set and ready

scooby mat is on board with me pure photography,who did some great shots of our cars last year.

Edited by wewsupra (see edit history)

I have done a copy for each car and will probably have to hand out on the train. Please don't expect anything closely resembling any of Ellis's production, but they have the google routes printed in sequence. It was a last minute thing when I heard of people struggling to upload to Garmin or Tom Tom. They are just a get by guide to assist!

Departure times are in the Satnav routes thread. We leave the hotel at 6.50am on Friday morning for a 7.20am check in, for a 7.50am departure. Everybody on the one train (apparently...)

DO NOT FORGET TO GO VIA THE COACH LANES WHEN BOARDING. We are regarded as high side vehicles to avoid the issues with getting to the top deck on the car bit.

I also uploaded a wrong file for the Garmins for Friday Stage 2 afternoon, I wil put the correct on in the satnav thread now.

I will also be doing a sticker/food wristband/pack hand out Thursday evneing at the travelodge if anybody is there.

Departure times are in the Satnav routes thread. We leave the hotel at 6.50am on Friday morning for a 7.20am check in, for a 7.50am departure. Everybody on the one train (apparently...)

DO NOT FORGET TO GO VIA THE COACH LANES WHEN BOARDING. We are regarded as high side vehicles to avoid the issues with getting to the top deck on the car bit.

I also uploaded a wrong file for the Garmins for Friday Stage 2 afternoon, I wil put the correct on in the satnav thread now.

I will also be doing a sticker/food wristband/pack hand out Thursday evneing at the travelodge if anybody is there.

Thanks for the Garmin shout. Dam another thing on the list, :)

If your still awake at half two in the morning I'll have mine :p