Dragonball 2014 - 16th, 17th and 18th May 2014 - Spa Weekend CHAT THREAD

Branners

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shame the new ones are hit and miss on the files, don't really want another classic, but guess it's better safe than sorry.

TomTom have their own Facebook page, ask on there which ones will take ITN files and see what they say.

Are we in the same hotel for the weekend??

Are we getting satnav files again this year?

I didn't even know you could do that :/

Is anyone that's going live near keron ? Need a favour.

Rob text me if needed as I will be driving past that way next Friday and can pick anything up for ya, well within reason

Am I still bringing the trd spoiler for ya?

Yep, we give you a file for each section of the trip, you just load up the file relevent to the day and time of day (morning or afternoon) and off you go. Means everybody follows the same route (if they have a satnav..) and its easy to get to the main stopping points by just stepping to the last point if you get really lost.

Depends on the model of satnav though.

Yep, we give you a file for each section of the trip, you just load up the file relevent to the day and time of day (morning or afternoon) and off you go. Means everybody follows the same route (if they have a satnav..) and its easy to get to the main stopping points by just stepping to the last point if you get really lost.

Worked an absolute charm last year. The only two times we drove the wrong way was when we didn't follow the satnav :D. Ended up on a tollroad both times :rolleyes:.

Yep, the planning that goes in to those files is scary. I have to avoid left hand turns out of t-junctions, so its almost always a right turn out of a junction or a roundabout, I have to avoid toll roads, avoid major highstreets (Ypres worries me this year, its a major town and parking will be slightly iffy) and have to find stuff for people to look at as they casually drive along.

Yep, the planning that goes in to those files is scary. I have to avoid left hand turns out of t-junctions, so its almost always a right turn out of a junction or a roundabout, I have to avoid toll roads, avoid major highstreets (Ypres worries me this year, its a major town and parking will be slightly iffy) and have to find stuff for people to look at as they casually drive along.

Don't envy the amount of time you spend on these routes JB, the preview looks fantastic. You guys are in for a treat!! All down to JB, so I suggest you buy him a beer or two... Three or four :D

Just to note you will need to upload the files onto your sat nav before coming away

As will not be able to upload whilst away

Just to note you will need to upload the files onto your sat nav before coming away

As will not be able to upload whilst away

Yep, I misused the word upload. You need to copy the files to the satnav before you go away, and just select the right one from the satnav at each stage of the journey.

Yep, you just plug the satnav in to a PC, it appears like an external hard drive or memory key, find the itinerary file folder on the device and just copy the files in to there. Then start up the device, load up the ITN file for the relevant leg and off you go.

For those on the sat nav debate. I have a tom tom go 720 which will take the Ini filed mentioned by Branners sand has a bit to upload them. It works on ton tom home 2. I also have a tom tom go 850 live. This works and updates on my tom tom. For the life of me I can't work out how to upload Ini Giles to it!

Secondly I have cheekily made t shirts for my grandson and I having asked for the graphics from Ellis and then printing on transfer paper.image