The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2014 - 16th, 17th and 18th May 2014 - Spa Weekend CHAT THREAD

Branners

Yep this! Gotta show a bit of commitment for an event as popular as this!

Like us who left work early to be home for 6:30 and didn't get a ticket?

As an FYI, after having done 11, 12 and 13, I'll be damned if I miss this one, I would happily pay double, personally I think the price should be more so that Branners and the rest get some well deserved rewards for all the hard work they put in.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al Massey. I think fighting a war is a decent excuse for not being available mate.

Like us who left work early to be home for 6:30 and didn't get a ticket?

As an FYI, after having done 11, 12 and 13, I'll be damned if I miss this one, I would happily pay double, personally I think the price should be more so that Branners and the rest get some well deserved rewards for all the hard work they put in.

Why don't we make it a trip just for rich people?

You need to send a copy of your bank statement with your order. Seriously though, maybe a system where you aquire tokens for each trip you have been on. People like Pig, Burna and Pete etc were on the 06 & 07 trips too. People with 5, then 4 etc should be given priority via pm. If they aren't interested then move along to the next ones. If there are spaces left then it goes on a first come, first served basis as any other type of ticket.

H.

Al Massey. I think fighting a war is a decent excuse for not being available mate.

H.

Cheers mate :)

It is ridiculously cheap, fair play to JB, he does look after us, the GTROC euro trip is £1500 each member.

Rico rally is £2000 a car iirc.

It is cheap, I was actually surprised at the price and actually thought I didn't do it right

Why don't we make it a trip just for rich people?

I'm not rich, just stupid with money:D

But seriously, don't you think the club should make a little from it?

You need to send a copy of your bank statement with your order. Seriously though, maybe a system where you aquire tokens for each trip you have been on. People like Pig, Burna and Pete etc were on the 06 & 07 trips too. People with 5, then 4 etc should be given priority via pm. If they aren't interested then move along to the next ones. If there are spaces left then it goes on a first come, first served basis as any other type of ticket.

H.

That would be a good idea, but hard to implement without peeing off a bucket load of members, they already think we have our 'clique' that would just exacerbate it.

Even though I think priority should be given to those who do it every year, I can understand why it's not.

Sod that! Dedication and spamming the refresh button on the club shop 100000000 times since noon today are the way forward.

Out of interest, and this is probably a question for Steve;

Who was fastest on the purchase?

Yep me too. My F5 button has almost lost its ink....

Thats exactly what i did, nearly cost me a wife though, she aint talking to me now :D

:D .... Luckily Sam is coming with otherwise i'd be in the same boat!!

Personally, I think we should just leave to JB to do as he sees fit, he has done a brilliant job to date, and I'm guessing could do without the agro of listening to people bitch about the way it's being done :)

Exactamundo!

Personally if it were anymore expensive i would definitely be out - hence not doing the other rally's mentioned. It is extremely good value for money

I'm not rich, just stupid with money:D

But seriously, don't you think the club should make a little from it?

I don't think "making" is the plan, ensuring coverage and maybe a bit extra for unforeseens is idea and I applaud that.

That would be a good idea, but hard to implement without peeing off a bucket load of members, they already think we have our 'clique' that would just exacerbate it. Even though I think priority should be given to those who do it every year, I can understand why it's not.

I can't come up with anything better than that I'm afraid.

I can't take my wife :( I need somebody to stay at home and look after my dog :) oh, and the kids....

Priorities JP..!!

Do we have a tagline for this at all? Like "Road to Rouen" last year...

Not easy with the destination though.

"So near, So Spa" was mentioned earlier by Ellis.

My effort would be "Brussels Rout"..!! Or just "FFS not Belgium"...!!

(If you look up the word "Rout" in the online dictionary, it says a group of "unruly people", which pretty much covers it.

H.

Not easy with the destination though.

"So near, So Spa" was mentioned earlier by Ellis.

My effort would be "Brussels Rout"..!! Or just "FFS not Belgium"...!!

(If you look up the word "Rout" in the online dictionary, it says a group of "unruly people", which pretty much covers it.

H.

lol @ those suggestions..! "So near so Spa", is my favourite though H.. sorry! :)

Only thing I can think of is; "Dragonball14- 'This is SPA-TA!"…. which is a bit shit! lol