The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Homers '98 RSP TT project

Homer

Appreciate it Sunny :thumbs:

There`s some work to do there chap, hats off too you, also i have a complete 6 speed tunnel here if you want it.

Excellent, I was going to order a new plate from Toyota tomorrow but they are quite expensive these days. PM on it's way

Looking forward to the first start up. Any chance of a vid when you do? :)

There will be a vid, it's always worth it for the inane talk in the background while it's warming up :)

I have a box of bits from my twin to single conversion here mate, not entirely sure what's in it but you are welcome to it all for nothing if you like

Dean, you're a legend and that may well be a huge help. The engine on this one is in a very poor state with many rusted lines, bolts, fixtures and god knows what else. Spare parts would be a huge help. Will be in touch when I get a better idea of what's needed :thumbs:

That is in a right state. It's hard to believe a "professional" did some of, if not all of that.

I don't expect I have many bits that would help, but if anything pops up that you need and I have, you're welcome to it Daryll, just make sure this gets back to her former glory :thumbs:

Darryl post up what you need and we can all go and have a look to see if we can help you get this up & running, I am sure I got a few spare bits lying around.

Well done on the work & identifying these issues as you go along, the workmanship is horrendous BUT all fixable with some patience, can't wait to see this finished :)

That looks rough mate, some good bodges there :( If the fuel pump ECU and plug are the same as an Aristo (i suspect they are) then I also have the bits if you get stuck.

Also if you need manpower one day Im only up in Lincoln and don't mind helping out :)

Talking of man power how about you sort out a weekend Darryl and a few of us can pop down & give you hand? I'll make the tea & just stand there tutting :D

I have a shell sitting in the yard that will eventually become a track car Daryl. I'm only near Oundle if you need to come remove the odd bit of loom or trim that's fine. You can also say hello to Eleanor. :)

Totally off topic, but James, Alex from American Autoparts brought in a genuine Shelby GT500 today. Almost messed myself. The proceeded to almost sell me a '95 Shelby Cobra SVT.

I don't expect I have many bits that would help, but if anything pops up that you need and I have, you're welcome to it Daryll, just make sure this gets back to her former glory :thumbs:

That looks rough mate, some good bodges there :( If the fuel pump ECU and plug are the same as an Aristo (i suspect they are) then I also have the bits if you get stuck.

Also if you need manpower one day Im only up in Lincoln and don't mind helping out :)

Darryl post up what you need and we can all go and have a look to see if we can help you get this up & running, I am sure I got a few spare bits lying around.

Thanks guys, your offers are much appreciated :) For now I'm okay with the help, it's just a slow process picking through the looms and figuring out what needs replacing, then a few days wait for parts. Rinse and repeat :) Steve is only just down the road and has forgotten more than I know about Supra electrics and mechanics, so I think between us we should be able to get it to the running phase. The harder parts are to come, like sorting out the trans tunnel and pulling the engine for a rebuild (which I'm almost certain it needs). If help is needed I will let you all know, I'm really taken back by the amount of offers for help, this club is awesome :thumbs:

I have a shell sitting in the yard that will eventually become a track car Daryl. I'm only near Oundle if you need to come remove the odd bit of loom or trim that's fine. You can also say hello to Eleanor. :)

I didn't realise you were so close by, that would be awesome James as there will be a few odds and ends I'll need... the sort of thing Toyota charges ridiculous amounts of money for. Will let you know, should have a better idea after Saturday :) If I visit yours I'll want to take Eleanor back with me, better not bring the misses as she loves that car :D

Some of that workmanship is just truly shocking, surely even the most inexperienced in mechanics can't stand back and think 'that looks ok'.

This is why I have always wanted to open a garage up here with a friend of mine as I see cr@p like this going on all the time with people getting ripped off left right and centre.

Anyway, on a separate note, I have 6 coil packs here, I believe they are all in good working order(only about 50k miles on them and look like new), only reason I replaced them was I had an erratic misfire on cylinder 4, so put SuperSparks in and new coil pack clips on at the same time(It was likely to be the clips causing the misfire as they were fubar'd).

So instead of you spending £540 on a new set, I'll do my kind act for the month and say cover postage and they are yours ;).

Some of that workmanship is just truly shocking, surely even the most inexperienced in mechanics can't stand back and think 'that looks ok'.

This is why I have always wanted to open a garage up here with a friend of mine as I see cr@p like this going on all the time with people getting ripped off left right and centre.

Anyway, on a separate note, I have 6 coil packs here, I believe they are all in good working order(only about 50k miles on them and look like new), only reason I replaced them was I had an erratic misfire on cylinder 4, so put SuperSparks in and new coil pack clips on at the same time(It was likely to be the clips causing the misfire as they were fubar'd).

So instead of you spending £540 on a new set, I'll do my kind act for the month and say cover postage and they are yours ;).

And its only the 1st day of November too, you can have to rest of the month off now :)

Wow Marc, that is very generous of you!! I cannot turn that down, thanks so much. Beers on me at the big meet :thumbs:

Forum love right there, Great spirit.

I can assure everyone, no one is more pissed off than me about this. Some of the things Daryl pointed out to me made me ashamed of my ignorance. Some of the crap was on the shell before I got it admittedly. I was just too stupid to see it... The "hole" is one such thing.

The garage where the rest of the work was done is Bottisham Garage in cambridge, I will not comment on what I think of it as I'm staying neutral... for now. The two people were RobD from this forum and his boss Jon.

Tbh I didn't want to post anything but its riled me up again to see it all staring me in the face. I've had several professional garages tell me that this work isn't acceptable.

I was just living in ignorance asking for advice and not getting it. It's a shame this has all happened but the car couldn't be in a better place right now. I really thought id have that car for life!

Anyway to all those who think you know someone, think twice! There are many con artists about....

Sue them

The pump ECU loom and spare jspec ECU turned up today (Thanks SPG for the quick delivery!).

As expected, the UK ECU is different to the Jspec one, there are more pins on it than the jspec loom has. The plugs on the NA and TT jspec cars are the same (though the ECU's are different, don't know why), but I know they are interchangeable. The UK is different though and this may well present a problem with the engine ECU.

On the plus side the main body connector appears the same between the facelift and pre-facelift so this new loom should plug in, but my concern is that the UK one and the wiring to the engine ECU is different to jspec and it's going to throw some errors when it's connected up.

Steve is coming over tomorrow so we'll see what happens when it's plugged in. If nothing then it's going to be a case of ploughing through the wiring diagrams to figure out what's so different about the UK fuel pump ECU.

Some pics:

1) UK left vs jspec right

attachment.php?attachmentid=176574&stc=1&d=1383347025

attachment.php?attachmentid=176575&stc=1&d=1383347025

2) Uk has 4 large pins, 4 small ones, the jspec 5 small ones:

attachment.php?attachmentid=176576&stc=1&d=1383347025

3) Jspec loom plug and jspec ECU

attachment.php?attachmentid=176577&stc=1&d=1383347025

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_2011.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

Checking the ECU pinouts it looks like there are only 2 wires going to the ECU for the fuel pump system, both the same pins for UK and jspec, so I might be okay in terms of ECU inputs...

attachment.php?attachmentid=13918&d=1112558155

attachment.php?attachmentid=13919&d=1112558155

So, just need to figure out what the others wires are doing and where they should go :)