The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Homers '98 RSP TT project

Homer

8 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

I think I have a spare SMIC duct.  It has a small notch cut out of it from memory.

I've got a brand new one, so it is surplus to requirement.

I'll look in my garage this evening and confirm I still have it and I'll send you some images to see if you want it.

Niceee if guigsy can do a 3d print that would be wicked

Failing that some sheet plastic from b&q would make nicely for a DIY job on the duct to fill any big gaps with lots of tiny rivets

On 9/17/2024 at 9:56 PM, Homer said:

They’re not particularly expensive (I think most are a 5/8ths conversion), but just need one that fixes the pas issue. It’s a shame the TRL ones aren’t available as they were perfect.

Funny you should say that, it turns out to be a TRL one. Doesn't say anything on the unit itself but where they had it fitted they had a sticker which i snapped a pic of before i took it out. Pics attached, it did come out of my old TT VVTi Aristo. Only thing i'd be afraid of is posting it and customs not letting it through as im in southern Ireland. Anyone have any experience in this?

20180926_205800.jpg

20180926_220031.jpg

20180926_220039.jpg

IMG_20240919_220453.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 5:54 PM, mwilkinson said:

Sorry Darryl, I've checked for the SMIC duct and it's gone. I only have my new one.

I have a memory now of giving this to Mike Thompson whilst Chris W was working on his car a few years back.

Sorry for the false hope.

No worries and thanks for checking, much appreciated. I’ll check with Mike as I didn’t have any response on the WhatsApp group.

On 9/23/2024 at 2:26 PM, TuneR said:

Funny you should say that, it turns out to be a TRL one. Doesn't say anything on the unit itself but where they had it fitted they had a sticker which i snapped a pic of before i took it out. Pics attached, it did come out of my old TT VVTi Aristo. Only thing i'd be afraid of is posting it and customs not letting it through as im in southern Ireland. Anyone have any experience in this?

What are the chances! If that’s available I’ll buy it from you. Can you let me know your mobile number or alternatively message me from the WhatsApp group. I’m not entirely sure it will work as I have a jspec shell and uk Ecu. The active spoiler comes down at 60mph as it should so the speed signal appears to be correct at the moment. It’s just the instrument cluster that’s wrong. Who knows… might just be worth a try.