The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3.4 2jz-gte

Davesoarer

Hello

I am currently in the middle of building a 3.4 2JZ-GTE. I hope to be running 750bhp when it is up and running, I am wondering if a standard oil pump will be man enough for the job? If anyone could let me know if it is or not I would appreciate it

Many thanks

Dave

Seen supras running 850+ bhp with stock engine! just flown head

Stock genuine Toyota oil pump, preferably a new one. Always remember: Those parts are up to 20 years worn out.

I rised the oil pressure a little bit at mine. Simply add a M6 washer to the pressure regulating spring, that adds 0.5 to 1 bar tho the oil pressure. You find it by opening the hexagonal screw at the upper side. Be aware of the pre loaded spring, when you unbolt !

I will try and get pics up soon. It is bored as well as the HKS stroker kit. The only reason I will be running low bhp is because I only have the R154 box and I have been told they won't take alot of power, I am going to save for the V160 or V161 the hope to go for 1000bhp

Strictly speaking Getrag would be horrified at what torque people put through the 6 speed Supra `box. All these big torque creations really need something beyond even the V160, torque handling wise. It's amazing some of them hang on as well as they seem to. Probably a lack of true traction.

This is true. If I recall, the Getrag V160/V161 boxes are rated to about 375lbft or so.

I wonder if anyone has used a T56 in a Supra before? They are rated a bit higher again.

People with big budgets would be better looking at 5 speed boxes with much wider gear centres and wide gear tooth widths. To be honest these heady torque figures are really the realm of things like uprated Viper V10 transmissions, and the more exotic end of Hewland's in line race transmissions. The Hewlands are small, and should fit in a stock tunnel, but are strictly race only. Tractive were bringing out a high torque 5 speeder, not sure where that's at right now. If it were of the quality of my "normal" 5 speed Tractive sequential I would recommend it wholeheartedly.