The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na to na/t

theredone

You're limited on the boost you can run without making internal changes to the NA block, so Turbo choice is critical dependant on your goals in my opinion.

I'd strongly suggest finalising your end goal power wise, then doing more research before you choose any components.

Also consider cost/time/labour and whether or not it's worth just flogging the NA and buying a TT.

Yeah mate im not doing it yet as ive got to get more info

Im not bothered how much its going to cost me in labour etc

Im going for the na/t as im not willing to sell and go for a tt

Just need to know things like would a gt45 be suitable and or any sugestions on what turbos would be good :)

Without lowering your compression ratio (changing headgasket to a TT one) your limited to a max of 1bar boost

Or you'll have det issues

You can stick any size turbo on , but bigger spools slower and unless your going for 750 + where you'd need to upgrade internals

A t4 flange manifold will support most the turbos you'd ever want to run , so I'd start with a T61 / T67 and see how that feels (600bhp ish)

Not too laggy and you can drive on 1bar boost until you lower compression

Also if your running a w58 manual box it's limited to 400 ishbhp

And I'm not sure wot an NA auto box can take either

400bhp is pretty quick mind you

I'd go for a t61 size turbo for drivability and performance that won't require too much supporting mods spent other than piggy back and fuelling

Im looking for around the 400 bhp mark aswell or if its possible to go more on the standard internals id like more

as far as im aware 400hp is easily achievable on stock internals.. some people may also run the TT head gasket to lower compression a bit and allow you to run more boost and still have slightly higher compression than a GTE

however 400+bhp on the W58 (na manual 5 spd box) is likely to shit itself with some abuse..

this is not something i've done but I will be looking to do in the future after some supporting upgrades..so I'd also be interested to know peoples power/compression changes/wastegate and turbo set up too.. if people wouldnt mind posting a quick spec of their NA-T that would be useful..