The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TV2005 - Pictures

michael

I was at the event to support a GTO mate and my friend Andy in the Gold MR2 - had a great day and the curry the night before was good too (at the time, not the day after!). The GTO lot seem like a decent bunch but had a few mechanical issues, we took the MR2 down on a recovery truck to save fuel costs, just as well we did because we ended up putting it to good use with the broken cars! It was funny, the TVRs didn't miss a beat and the reliable Japanese stuff had lots of issues.

Fantastic event though, shame no Supras took part but someone on the GTO-UK forum mentioned that there was a Supra with a single there? I guess I missed that... and the F40 that was advertised didn't come... :(

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/mine/tv2005

A lot of the usual suspects there but a few cars I've never seen used in anger... and a few that seemed to be out for a bit of a drive, it's frustrating when 'racers' have too much mechanical sympathy :)

Keep an eye out for TV2006 - people got loads of runs in and the mix of cars was like TOTB back in the good old days.

Ah I never made it over to the carpark bit, I guess that was on the left as you came in?

That's right. Didn't seem to be many spectators there which made for a better atmosphere in my opinion. And unlike other events it didn't strike me as the type of day where you had to glue your valve caps down.

Nice pictures, by the way. :) Spot Faye and Keith in IMG_3659.JPG and you've even managed to get me in one of them as well.

I wondered if I'd capture anyone in the pics, seems a bit rude of me to photograph members and not meet them though, I'll be more social one of these days :)

Definately had a good atmosphere, much more of a club meet feel than a corporate sell out event - just needed some nicer loos :)

S'alright. There was a couple of people there from a Subaru board I frequent, I recognised their cars but had no idea what they looked like to actually go and say hello!

Agree with the atmosphere, very relaxed and full of genuine enthuasists who just wanted to run their (very nice) cars. I was particularly enamoured with the red SL65 AMG. :love:

I'll be keeping my eye on the TV forum to see when they start inviting entries for next year. Time to get that T67 sorted out. :innocent:

Do you know how Bens' GTO did? I know it fairly well (it's the one in the pics with the 'raised' spoiler and 3 holes in the bumper - this one ). All of his bodywork is done by the same guys that do my Supra (Torque Sport in Chertsey). Not normally a huge fan of GTO's, but his is a very, very nice example.

I think he's on his 4th gearbox or so now though, d'oh :swear:

Cheers, J :cool:

and you've even managed to get me in one of them as well.

Ah, got you :) The last piccy.

I really enjoyed myself, the highlight for me were the Vipers. Sounded gorgeous and put out some amazing speeds - 206mph followed by a 215mph later in the day.

Do you know how Bens' GTO did? I know it fairly well (it's the one in the pics with the 'raised' spoiler and 3 holes in the bumper - this one ). All of his bodywork is done by the same guys that do my Supra (Torque Sport in Chertsey). Not normally a huge fan of GTO's, but his is a very, very nice example.

I think he's on his 4th gearbox or so now though, d'oh :swear:

Cheers, J :cool:

Hi James, hello everyone else! First post and all....... :thanks: for the nice comments!

I think i might be on gear box 5 now! Was trying really hard for the 11's, but got caught by time, no more runs :cry: Still was more than happy with the times.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi James, hello everyone else! First post and all....... :thanks: for the nice comments!.
Hey Ben .... Welcome to the Supra forum :thumbs: . Mighty impressed with what your car did out there ... not far off the 11's at all, shame the time ran out!! :clap: 5 gearboxes though ... ouch! Bet they're not cheap either! :twak:

We should sort out our Torque Sport 'photoshoot' soon before the sun goes away for the Winter by the way ;) (just punched ANOTHER hole in the Supra bumper though ... lol ... 4th time Nick has had to fix that now! :cry: )

Cheers, J

Results now in:

http://www.cyber-site.com/terminalvelocity/2005quartmile.htm

http://www.cyber-site.com/terminalvelocity/2005tspeeds.htm

Quite interesting to see the sort of times they were putting in, 12.39 and a 187.32 top speed run in a 'standard' AMG SL65 :read:

How long was the top speed run?

215mph lol :looney:

-Ian

Edit - comparing Joel and Nadine's top speeds to their TOTB results, I'd say 1.5miles?

How long was the top speed run?

You are right, 1.5 miles.

Although as the day went on they moved it down another 100m or so to see what could be done so I guess the highest speeds were recorded over that distance.

Lots of room there, would be great to hire out.