The mkiv Supra Owners Club

World of Warcraft

JamesArup

There's a big thread about this on the Skyline forums, so I thought I'd see if there are any other geeks (besides me) on here that are playing? It's been ruining my life for the past month or so. My job is working with computer games, and as soon as I get home, I start playing the damned things until the early hours because of this - lol :drown:

Here are my characters:

Name: Orias

Character: Human Warrior

Level: 60 :cool:

Server: Terenas

Name: TheHoodedMan

Character: Undead Mage

Level: 10

Server: Bloodhammer

Be good if any of us are on the same servers .... Supra Guild anyone :eyebrows:

Is this game good then?
Hell yes. But beware .... it will destroy you!! Once you start, that's it ... kiss goodbye to the outside world! lol. You do have to pay a subscription, but it's only £8.99 a month. You also get the first month free. If you liked Diablo, then this will be right up your alley I should think.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a trial edition for WoW. Check out http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ ... there may be some info on a trial there.

I know a few guys that are playing Guild Wars. The pro seems to be the fact that you don't have to pay for servers. The cons seem to be that it isn't as 'sociable' as WoW ... people don't tend to work together as much. But I have heard that it's well worth playing.

Cheers, J :D

Hell yes. But beware .... it will destroy you!! Once you start, that's it ... kiss goodbye to the outside world! lol. You do have to pay a subscription, but it's only £8.99 a month. You also get the first month free. If you liked Diablo, then this will be right up your alley I should think.

I'm not sure if there is such a thing as a trial edition for WoW. Check out http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/ ... there may be some info on a trial there.

I know a few guys that are playing Guild Wars. The pro seems to be the fact that you don't have to pay for servers. The cons seem to be that it isn't as 'sociable' as WoW ... people don't tend to work together as much. But I have heard that it's well worth playing.

Cheers, J :D

Not sure I should then! I was really addicted to Diablo 2, then Football Manager so I should probably stay away from this! :)

Is it worth playing as a single player first to get to grips, or straight in at the deep end on multiplayer? First month free sounds good though. I suppose you're hooked after that though!

I'm not sure about paying a monthly fee, as it would cost around £100 a year, and countless more hours and pounds lost playing the game! My brother pays a monthly fee to play some game called 'EVE' where you have a spaceship or whatever, and he swears it's worth every penny.

Oh well, might buy it tomorrow then.

Then again, they've reduced Football Manager to £9.99, so might re-buy that! :)

It's online only, there is no singleplayer mode, so you have no choice but to start in the deep end :tongue: . It's the same sort of principle as EVE, Star Wars Galaxies etc etc. Having said that, everything is very well balanced for newbies and veterans alike. It really does let you in very gently and teaches you how to play as you go.

Best bet is to have a look through some of the WoW websites and see what you think from there. I don't know anyone that has started to play it and not liked it. :clap:

Hmmm, went out and bought the game today. Spent about an hour installing it, and filling in the forms and then...

"The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later."

What a waste of time! I see the initial £35 for the game, plus £9 a month obviously isn't enough to keep things running their end...

Oh well, will keep trying - it's just so bloody frustrating!

Will probs start off as a human warrior or something for the easy option!

Heh heh! D'oh! What server are you joining ... have you decided (I'm on Terenas).

Having got a Level 60 Warrior, I would suggest you try something else. Warriors are very hard to level up, and expensive to maintain! Paladins can do everything a Warrior can, but they can also heal themselves ... much more useful for soloing quests.

Failing that ... Be a Mage. VERY powerful, but weak armour.

Cheers, J :clap:

Mawby and I have an account.

Lvl 60 Orc Warlock (horde) Name is Arkmaw and a lvl 18 Orc Hunter.

Don’t really play that much now (not much time), but was completely hooked for the first 3 months. :looney:

If there’s enough we should make our own guild:tumble:

• 1 month later...

Heh heh! Told you it would ruin your life :whip:

There are guild masters in most major cities. Just click on one of the guards in Ironforge, Stormwind etc and they will give you directions to a guild master.

Before you can create a guild I think you need at least 5 or 10 people to sign a 'guild charter'. Once that is done, you can create a guild. Just get a load of peeps who aren't in a guild to sign it for you (just to get it started). They can then leave once the guild is created if they want! :tongue:

I'm a whore for the Battlegrounds now. I'm in there at least 5 times a day owning the horde. Something to look forward to once you hit level 60 :thumbs:

Enjoy, J :yu:

I meant we should start a list on here to see who's interested in forming a guild! :)

I'm, not sure what server I'm on, but could easily start a new character in alliance or horde. Haven't played horde much though.

I'm working in Newquay for the next few days so doubt I'll be able to get online till I get back.

Who do we let in? Supra & ex-Supra owners, or anyone who wants to join!? :)