The mkiv Supra Owners Club

turbo kit

leeg

okay basically, my turbos have just gone, so I think a single would be better, I understand the auto gearbox doesn't take no more than 500bhp? so with a bpu upgrade aswell im not sure what turbo kit to get? and what my best options are? thanks

okay basically, my turbos have just gone, so I think a single would be better, I understand the auto gearbox doesn't take no more than 500bhp? so with a bpu upgrade aswell im not sure what turbo kit to get? and what my best options are? thanks

My dad is running 607bhp on the stock autobox. Its not the BHP you have to worry about though. Its heat and torque that kills autoboxes. If you want to keep things to a budget, Try collect as many 2nd quality parts as possible. Don't bother buying cheap ebay parts because you will only find yourself replacing them further down the line. If your planning to go down the single turbo route do things right the first time round. Take your time reading through other people's project threads and get some information behind you :).

Edited by Chris Bailey (see edit history)

My dad is running 607bhp on the stock autobox. Its not that BHP you have to worry about though. Its heat and torque that kills autoboxes.

:yeahthat:

More details needed really dude.

What power do you want?

What budget do you have? (Most important factor ;))

What mods do you have already? (it may help keep cost down)

Plus many more I guess, but my head isn't working very well today :innocent: :friday:

My dad is running 607bhp on the stock autobox. Its not the BHP you have to worry about though. Its heat and torque that kills autoboxes. If you want to keep things to a budget, Try collect as many 2nd quality parts as possible. Don't bother buying cheap ebay parts because you will only find yourself replacing them further down the line. If your planning to go down the single turbo route do things right the first time round. Take your time reading through other people's project threads and get some information behind you :).

607 that's madness :) I have seen a kit on suprastore that comes with an aem series 2, for around $5000. that comes with a quick silver turbo, im just unsure?

:yeahthat:

More details needed really dude.

What power do you want?

What budget do you have? (Most important factor ;))

What mods do you have already? (it may help keep cost down)

Plus many more I guess, but my head isn't working very well today :innocent: :friday:

well not really sure on budget as its either going on a credit card or a loan is coming out, so whatever really up to £10000 maximum though. I want whatever power the car will take really but to still be driven almost daily and still reliable, erm still have the cats in at the mo, hks filter and that's it. thanks

607 that's madness :) I have seen a kit on suprastore that comes with an aem series 2, for around $5000. that comes with a quick silver turbo, im just unsure?

Wouldn't buy off there mate. Seen some horror stories. As Chris said buy second hand decent parts if you're on a budget and get a decent oil cooler for your gearbox and you should be fine with a stock box :)

10k is a good budget! You'll definitely be able to go single for that :cool:

Wouldn't buy off there mate. Seen some horror stories. As Chris said buy second hand decent parts if you're on a budget and get a decent oil cooler for your gearbox and you should be fine with a stock box :)

10k is a good budget! You'll definitely be able to go single for that :cool:

yep, good advice is def what I need :) its good to hear things from everyone, I will prob spend around that but that will be for other parts aswell

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=292495

Good turbo here on this forum, your best bet is to get a parts list and then look here tbh are you fitting it yourself or getting a garage to do it? As labour is a factor too!

will be getting a garage to do it as I don't have the knowledge of the install, the only reason I was looking for a complete kit was because it would come with everything I need, so if I don't do that then I would be lost :)

The gearbox will be your limit...not the engine. Unless you want to upgrade your autobox, I would go for a small turbo.

The Syvecs ECU is way better than AEM.

ok so say im having issues with my tps and apps, can this be sorted with a syvecs would you know?

Whifbitz B362 Single turbo kit, Syvecs/HKS FCON, 650cc/800cc Drop-in injectors,

^^^ That's a pretty simple setup. If your BPU already you should have a Walbro 255 fuel pump. That will be okay for 550-600bhp max.

Have a look at this

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php/garage-whifbitz-2107.html

cheers for that chris, that looks like a decent kit. its not bpu just to confirm

well not really sure on budget as its either going on a credit card or a loan is coming out, so whatever really up to £10000 maximum though. I want whatever power the car will take really but to still be driven almost daily and still reliable, erm still have the cats in at the mo, hks filter and that's it. thanks

If you're not sure what's involved in a single turbo build then I would contact Whifbitz (see trader section) and discuss your options with them. I'd go with a 61mm-67mm double ball bearing turbo, which is an ideal size for a fast responsive street setup and should be good for around 550-600hp. Once you add up all the supporting parts, labour, dyno mapping, etc. you'll probably not get much change from that £10K.

If you're not sure what's involved in a single turbo build then I would contact Whifbitz (see trader section) and discuss your options with them. I'd go with a 61mm-67mm double ball bearing turbo, which is an ideal size for a fast responsive street setup and should be good for around 550-600hp. Once you add up all the supporting parts, labour, dyno mapping, etc. you'll probably not get much change from that £10K.

I think that might be the best option, other option is maybe to get the turbos refurbed and then just go bpu. might save a lot dough that way

other option is maybe to get the turbos refurbed and then just go bpu.

That could work, Get your turbos refurbed. Buy the BPU package from Whifbitz. Then go a step further with BPU++ with a Syvecs ECU, 264 cams, 650cc drop-in injectors and have the car mapped by Ryan@2bartuning. You should see about 420bhp. Then after that if you want more power for the future all you really need is a single turbo kit.

Still would be another £3k minimum for a decent single turbo kit.

Yea but he's got 10k, plus you could get a second has decent kit for less that. Lee was selling one recently. Well I say recently but I wasn't on the forum for the last couple of months!

I see what you're saying as its a good start but he could go the full setup now and make sure everything works fine. Rather than wasting money getting it mapped for bpu and then having to do it again later for a single. Plus his turbos have already gone so it would be more money wasted.

Just my opinion of course but that's how I'd do it if I had 10k to play with :)