The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My engine build (Advice and info required)

Kaan W

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm eager to see what my 366 will push.

Don't do the mistake to go to big in turbo size ... a 66mm turbo with a 3.4 will give you awesome torque and response. ;)

I dont wanna go too crazy as its a street car, im really interested to see what your 366 makes :)

Right, whats people views on CP pistons??

I have ordered these already and now I'm being told that CP pistons will eventually fail because of the design.

Who runs them? Experiences? Why are they still on the market?

Also, can I use 9:1 CR pistons with regular pump fuel and run 2 bar boost safely?

Need as much info as possible as my orders ready to be shipped soon and I need to know asap what pistons to go for??

Thanks

We use CP or JE pistons. both are just as strong, and can be build for whatever you can throw at them. Thats from Titan

I'm not sure if the titan stroker custom pistons are the same but thats what ive ordered. I'm just really stuck on the CR to go for. What are the main questions to ask myself when choosing CR?

If titan use them in there race cars, you will be fine you are only going for about 600-700 bhp any way whats the problem .BUT IF IT WAS ME i WOULD GO WITH JE. as I had cp not a fan.

More than 700 mate. I'm sure CP will be fine as Titan recommended them. Just haven't got a clue what CR to go for.

Check with Sean ... the yanks have a lot more experience with stroker kits.

Titan also makes a 3.5 kit iirc.

I'm only going with there rods and pistons, the crank I'm getting from somewhere else mate. The 3.5 is well out my budget anyway.

3.4L check you out dude! nice!!

I got JE pistons in mine.

:eyebrows:

I would not touch CP pistons, seen so many people have blow by issues with them, the rings are just to hard.

HKS, JE, mahle, Manley etc are good IMO.

Cheers guys I will enquire about JE, the last thing I would want is my engine go bang after all the hard work.

The rods should be fine and the crank is a billet piece also.

Right all my parts are now in stock and ready to ship to me and to change to the JE will take a further 3-4 weeks to order in.

My brand new transmission has come in also and is ready to ship to me with the other parts, I dont want to miss another summer not having a gearbox.

Right all my parts are now in stock and ready to ship to me and to change to the JE will take a further 3-4 weeks to order in.

My brand new transmission has come in also and is ready to ship to me with the other parts, I dont want to miss another summer not having a gearbox.

You selling the Titan box?

did you go with the th400 box from the copany I sent you the link to 2000 bhp.

You selling the Titan box?

I will be once I go th400 but it wont be for a while yet though,

did you go with the th400 box from the copany I sent you the link to 2000 bhp.

No I got another Titan stage 2 trans to put in the car for now, the th400 will be when I put the 3.4 in.