Marco79

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Today's efforts, made a new turbo oil feed line, started cutting and fitting the intercooler pipework, wired up the brake lock and transbrake buttons on the steering wheel and earthed out the cabin loom and the battery in the boot :) big thanks to kev for his invaluable help!

• 3 weeks later...

Bit the bullet over the weekend and modified the radiator mounts to fit the big rad I was lumbered with (Direct fit my arse!) It sat 1/4" too high preventing bonnet closure, the feet were about 1/2" our of position and the rad is too wide to fit the top clamps! I've cut off the original lower mounts and welded them onto a steel plate with will be riveted in place giving me the correct position and trimmed one of my top mounts to fit! I'm happy with it now tho and my new rad pipes fit nicely aswell :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Intercooler pipework all welded and fits a treat

Transbrake plumbed in

Carbon fibre slam panel fitted

ATI TH400 adaptor plate, flexplate and adaptor means i can use chevy torque converters

Passenger scare seat fitted

Standard issue race diapers on standby lol

Subscribed! Awsome build mate! Keep the good work going!

Thanks bud :)

I was just thinking of this build actually the other day, glad to see it's taking shape when do you think you'll have it running?

Got transmission arriving in the next week then apart from a prop mod that's the last major piece. Lots of little bits to do but fingers crossed this year will hear the beast come to life :D Paying for a wedding has slowed things down lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well guys it's finally here my 3 speed TH400 transmission freshly built with new clutch plates, Uprated intermediate clutch, Kevlar rear band, Steel clutch hub, 36 Element one way clutch and sprag type drum and a TCI Trans Brake :-)

Cheers guys got it mounted earlier and my god its a heavy bastard!! Need to modify my transmission mount to fit but also need the right engine level to work out the spacing! I can also change the prop yoke to the new one and trial fit to see if I can get away with the extra 1/4" of length this box has

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just caught up with this. Looking sexy. Who made your 4" pipework?

I remember you had issues with the rad, do you think it'll run better than stock?

The custom setup on the rear looks awesome.

Do you think you're intercooler will be suitable enough for what you want? I'm waiting on news from a job back in the UK, depending I'll be looking to go with an ETS one so was curious. My old 2" thick eBay was amazing on in-out temps, but I'm unsure if I had typical flow due to having a wastegate back pressure issue. I was going to fit the cooler, and get some custom pipework made up.

What turbo is that?