The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Banned From The FTO Forum

terribleturner

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ guys, do yourselves a favour and stop the bitching. Its a lump of metal that rolls about on rubber! Theres more important things in life to be putting your energies into.

....oooh its lovely here innit, I like what youve done wiv the curtains. Not too shabby like our 'Jcars'. :rolleyes:

The fact that you have joined up just to cause trouble showcases your stunted social skills, run along now.

:yeahthat: :clap:

Zefff, i for one take great pride in my car. It's one of the family. I buy her new boots when she needs them. A new outfit from time to time and i always make sure she's feeling well. (Enter Kopite :D ) But the best thing about my car is that i can come here sociably with like minded people and have a chat and a laugh.

Guest trevor
Started with Patt, bit of blindness and a lie or 2 from Trevor and then i got royally abused by Scriptdaddy.

The members i have met have been really nice, but these 3 don't want hear any faults or errors about either one of themselves.

I for one regret that the links have been deleted.

At no point was I unfair and I'd love you to tell me where I lied.

I only made two public posts on the subject, one in the initial shamed saying that it was wrong unless there were mitigating circumstances and we should wait and hear, and another pointing out a deliberately edited post to change facts. How_supra herself admitted this was a mistake and I accepted that.

I hope How_supra would agree I have been reasonable with her, and we have had other private messages which I also believe were fair.

You on the other hand have done ALL of the stirring, I have pointed out to our own people that it was you doing all the winding up and stirring not How_supra, she has kept very quiet even though she feels very wronged.

It seems you really enjoy stirring up trouble for other people as this is not the only forum on which you are doing this. How_supra seems perfectly capable of fighting her own battles.

I will only be continuing this debate if YOU post further defamation about me personally, its your choice.

BTW I have plenty of faults and I'm quite happy to address them if they bother people, lying however is not one of them and I doubt you are likely to hear me snoring any time soon.

TT,

I am tempted to say nowt wrong with that, but the sociable aspects are not the best attribute IMHO - Performance and the thrill of driving is. Do people really buy cars to meet people?...if thats the purpose then your computer is a more powerful tool than your car isnt it? :)

There will always be people who you do not get on with at some point so why let the inevitable upset you. Its a part of life that one day someone will be horrible to you and another day you to them. Ying and yang luv. Noone is perfect.

Just drive your car and make sure you enjoy it, thats all Im saying.

Not having a pop at anyone at all BTW, I just think people generally tend to get carried away with trivialities.

l8rs.

Trevor, if sticking up for my girlfriend is stirring then im guilty. I don't think picking on a girl, reducing her to tears is acceptable from a mod. She has said that you have been fair about it all and so all i can do is apoligies. But you have to admit that what has happened has been very unproffessional. As for Sabrina changing a previous post, that was because someone kept deleting everything she wrote and the only way to have anything to say was to edit a earlier thread.

You'll probably be glad to know that she has been so moved over this that she doesn't want to keep her car. So well done, hopefully you'll get a new member who can fork out £15 for you guys to belittle.

Guest trevor
Trevor, if sticking up for my girlfriend is stirring then im guilty. I don't think picking on a girl, reducing her to tears is acceptable from a mod. She has said that you have been fair about it all and so all i can do is apoligies. But you have to admit that what has happened has been very unproffessional. As for Sabrina changing a previous post, that was because someone kept deleting everything she wrote and the only way to have anything to say was to edit a earlier thread.

You'll probably be glad to know that she has been so moved over this that she doesn't want to keep her car. So well done, hopefully you'll get a new member who can fork out £15 for you guys to belittle.

I am really confused as to why you are attempting to wind me up, you won't suceed anyway. I don't know of any deleted posts, there are none that I can find in the removed section, but if you say so. As I've already told you publicly and HS privately I accepted the reasoning.

I specifically asked her to keep posting and to try and forget about it and I am not looking for a replacement member, please stop making assumptions, that is how this all started and got blown massively out of proportion, and ask her what I said.

I have never had any intention of upsetting anyone let alone making them cry. And yes I can see why she was upset, I did try to explain to HS why the reaction from elsewhere had been as it was, not that that would make her feel any better but that's your job :)

I certainly wouldn't sell her FTO to get a Supra anyway, you can't get a thing in the boot, that's how I ended up with my FTO, I went for a Supra but needed a reasonable carrying capacity as an everyday car and the Supra just doesn't have it.

Personally I would like her to carry on with both her car and the forum.

I'm not trying to wind you up, i'm just getting my point across. You seem like one of the nicer members of the forum which i have met. As you can imagine when i heard and read what was going on it angered me. Posts were definatly deleted because several other members we know have said they went to comment but couldn't as they no longer exsisted.

I'm convincing her to keep her car but i doubt she will post again, and i feel that is a rather sad postion for her to be in.

Mmmmmm

Hi guys

I'm not sure about bringing the FTO topic onto your wonderful forum, but I feel a little aggrieved my friend that you seem to give the impression we're a bunch of hard nosed people haters on the committee over here.

This is one incident that has got well out of hand.

Contrary to the way it has been painted on this thread, our forum is usually a fairly good natured active place to be. Once in a while we have an incident, but I know of plenty other forums that do also and deal with it accordingly.

Yes we lock threads when they are getting out of hand and yes we've been known to delete them also. But all for good reason, not because we're on a search for power!

FYI The shamed section was set up as a request of mambers, as is the named section. Its all run for the members. And as for the £15? Very good value in my book :clap:

I think its time that this was put to one side on both forums and we get back to appreciating and admiring each others cars (as well as our own of course)

Sorry for my little intervention people ... just didn't like the impression that I take £15 and belittle people, cos we don't and the comment was a major generalisation

And if anyone finds anything in this to take offence to, dont!

Cheers now

JJ

FTO Club Founder

It was a generalisation that was probably unfair, but i can only say what i have witnessed over the last few months.

What i'm not happy about is it wasn't handled very well, and my post certainly wan't. Is it fair to stop a member from posting, but still talk about them and subject on an open forum?? Also a mod should also know that the Shamed section states that it's for supplier's and NOT members. But still he breakes the rules on which he runs. My gripe is not with you JJ and not really with you either Trevor. I don't think it was neccassary for Patt to resign (even though there has been no apoligy for the original thread). Scriptdaddy on the other hand is in a completely differnt ball game.